The Extra Load

Dean jerks the car as I let out a sudden scream. We nearly go off the road but Dean uses his "driving skills" to pull us back on the road.

"What the crap was that?" Dean yells as he swerves back on track.

"Dream!" I yell. "Just a dream."

"That's one Hell of a dream," Sam adds.

I let out a nervous chuckle.

"Where are we?" I finally ask.

"Well we are still in Illinois but.. about 700 miles left until we get to the church," Dean answers.

I sigh in annoyance.

"Problem?" Sam turns to face me.

"Oh, no," I lie, "I'm just feeling a little car sick and all. Probably from all these chips."

He nods and turns back around. I lean back into the seat and go into deep thought.

****************************************************************************

Dean's point of view

We begin to unpack our stuff to sleep over at a motel. As I place the demon knife on the nightstand, I glance up at Sam who was walking out to the car, then to Erin who was unpacking her bag of food. I watched as she pulled out her tampon packet and stare at it for a minute before walking into the bathroom. I look back at my bag and keep pulling out weapons to clean.

Suddenly a shriek comes from the bathroom and I jump to action and rush to the door, banging on it for Erin to let me in.

"No, don't come in!" She yells.

"Erin, what's wrong!" I yell.

The door suddenly swings open and she had a look of fear on her face.

She mumbled something and I couldn't make it out.

"What?" I ask, looking down at her with concern.

She shoots her eyes at me and states, "I missed my period."

I lower my hands. "That's it?"

"You don't understand, Dean! I never miss my period!" She yells.

"Well, what do you think is wrong? Are you sick and it stops it or something?"

"Being sick doesn't stop a women's nature," She remarks as she pushes past me and slumps on the corner of the bed.

"Well then, what is it?" I ask.

She looks at me with a fearful face and looks back down at the ground. I knew she knew.

"Well! Spit it out!"

"I'm pregnant!" She yells.

I stumble backwards.

"Pregnant?" I repeat.

She nods.

Sam suddenly walks in and Erin and I shoot a scared look at him. He slowly closes the door and asks what was wrong.

"Erin is.. is.." I struggle to get it out.

"Erin is what?" Sam gets more concerned by every step he takes.

"Pregnant," Erin finishes.

Sam stumbles back, like I did, and chuckles a bit. "You're kidding right?"

"Do we look like we're joking!" I remark.

Sam's smile fades and he runs his hand through his hair.