The Lost Love Chronicles By Warren P.P.

Chapter 1

 The Lost Love Chronicles ,begins in a country side outside Virginia. The hillside was indeed a sight to behold. A lean young man stood gazing a the open plains. His  large brown eyes fixed on the cattle grazing nearby in the distance. It was one of those days, the wind blowing as the sun was just beginning to set.  Sammy  Young  Jones  was  sixteen  years  old  African  American  with  dark  black  hair.  He  looked  younger  than  his  age,  giving  him  the  name  ''babyface  Jones''.  He  lived  on  a  farm  with  his  mother  just  outside  the  city.  Although  it  was  different,  he  liked  his  home  a  medium  cabin  with  two  bedrooms.  It  gave  him  plenty  space,  which  he  loved  just  as  he  loved  his  work.  He  went  to  school  just  like  any  other  teenager,  his  mom  driving  him  there  every  morning  before  going  to her  job  at  a  dairy  factory.  Sammy  drank  a  glass  of   warm  milk  watching  the  cows.  His  duties  were  to take care  of  all  the  animals,  the  four  cows,  the  chickens, the  five  pigs,  and  there  two  horses  his  favorite.  It  was  Saturday  so  no  school which  gave  him  time  to  enjoy  his  day.  His  mother  Julie  was  in  the  kitchen  preparing  some  breakfast,  she  loved  to  see  her  son  happy  he  always  smiled.  They  were  close  and  always  had  been.  Julie  Jones  was  forty  years  old,  but  looked  youthful  for  her  age.  She  enjoyed  cooking  it  was  something  her  mother  taught  her.  On  this  morning  she  fixed  scrambled  eggs  with  some  waffles  and  orange  juice.  Sammy  loved  her  waffles,  he  liked  to  sprinkle  cinnamon  in  his.  A  humid  day  but  just  right  for  some  work  out  in  the  back. 

   ''Hey  mom  the  shed  i'm  going  to  clean  it  out  like  i  promised  today''  he  said  stuffing  a  forkful  in  his  mouth.

   ''You  been  saying  that  for  the  last  week  or  so..  i  hope  you  mean  it''.  She  smiled  at  him  he  returned  it.  The  shed  was  a  mess,  it  had  tools  everywhere  as  he  looked  around.  He  was  suppose  to  clean  it  out  weeks  ago,  but  school  got  in  his  way.  Today  would  be  a  perfect  opportunity  to  finish  the  job.  He  worked  wiping  sweat  from  his  forehead,  summer  wasn't  even  here  but  it  felt  like  it.  Julie   took  care  of  the  horses,  then  made  her  way  over  to  assist  her  son.  That's  all  they  had  were  each  other,  after  her  husband  of  eleven  years  Timothy  Cooper  was  killed  in  a  accident  four  years  ago.  It  was  hard  on  Sammy  at  first  he  lashed  out,  but  as  time  went  on  he  accepted  it.   He  begin  to  go  about  his  life  quiet,  which  led  to  his  mother  moving  to  the  countryside.  The  farm  belonged to  her  mother,  who  left  everything  to  them  before  she  passed  away.  Julie  figured  it  would  take  his  mind  off  the  stress  of  his  father's  death.  They  were  close  always  spending  time  together  whenever  they   could.  As  time  passed  Sammy  took  on  simplier  things, instead  being  popular  in  school  he  rather  be  the  outcast.  Spending  time  at  the  lake  or  flying  kites  became  his  passion  outside  the  farm.   He  would  just  stare  at  the  sky  at  night,  filled  with  stars  his  mind  was  at  ease.  When  he  couldn't  sleep  at  night  he  opened  up  his  journal  and  wrote  his  thoughts  down.  That  always  seemed  top  help  him.  Sammy finished  his  work  with  his  mother,  they  retreated  to  the  cabin  for  the  evening.  He  sat  outside  as  usual  looking  at  the  sky.  Another  beautiful  night  full  of  stars.