Chapter 10

It  was  finally  here  the  12th  annual  Sailer's  Race.  Taylor  and  Sammy  prepared  their  boat  along  with  the  rest  of  the  racers.  The  winds  were  steady  picking  up,  but  it  looked  like  the  event  would  go  on  as  planned.  The  waves  were  calm  but  the  clouds  gave  you  the  impression  that  the  storm  was  near.

  ''Are  you  ready''? Sammy  asked  he  knew  this  was  just  as  important  to  him  as  it  was  to  her. 

  ''Yes''.  They  seen  Kenny  just  a  few  rows  away,  he  came  over  to  greet  them.

 ''I  hope  the  storm  holds  up''.

 ''Me too''  Taylor  said.

''Are  you  guys  ready''?

''Ready as  we  ever  been''  Sammy  said  looking  at  the  sea.  The  loud  speaker  came  on.  RACERS  WELCOME  TO  THE  ANNUAL  SAILER'S  RACE  REMEMBER  BE  SAFE,  AND  USE  YOUR  ROUTE.  THEIR  IS  A STORM  APPROUCHING,  SO  BE  CAREFUL.  Taylor  looked  at  Sammy,  she  already  understood  the  risk  they  were  taking. 

 ''Sammy.........thank  you  for  coming  with  me''.

 ''You  don't  have  to  thank  me  Taylor''.

 ''Yes  i  do......your  risking  everything  to  help  me''  she  said.  He  tried  not  to  think  about  his  father,  but  at  this  point  it  all  came  out.

 ''Listen..........i'm  doing  this  for  me  too..........i  need  closure''.   She  nodded ,  the  time  was  coming  up.  Their  was  about  5  rows  with  5  racers  in  them.  In  all  25  people  were  risking  their  lives  to  win  this  money.  Taylor  looked  around  to  see  if  her  father  was  present,  but  she  didn't  see  him.

 ''I  don't  see  him''.

 ''He  has  to  be  here''.

 ''Where  can  he  be  then''?  she  said.  Their  was  4  coast  guards  posted  at  the  exit  of  the  rental  office.  She  couldn't  believe  it,  where  was  he?

 ''He  has  to  be  here..........keep  looking''  Sammy  said.  It  was beginning  to  get  dark  as  the  race  was  just  about  to  get  under  way. 

 ''It's  time  Taylor'',  she  hopped  in  her  place  as  the  horn  sounded.  RACER'S  GO!!!   it  was  time  all  the  boats  started  to  move  in  a  slow  pace.  Sammy  sailed  directly  into  the  wind,  it  was  the  best  way.  He started  to  pick  up  speed  as  they  were  watching  all  the  sailer's  in  front  of  them.  They  were  currently  in  16th  place,  Kenny  was  ahead  at  8th.  He  was  good  like  he  said. 

 ''Okay.....what's  the  plan''?  Taylor  asked.

 ''We  need  to  watch  the  sea  carefully''.

 ''I  know  that''.

''Were  going  to  have  to  look  for  a  way  to  exit  this  route''.

''You  know  what  that  means  right''?  she  said.

''Yes......before  the  storm  gets  really  bad..plus  we  don't  see  your  father''.  He  was  right,  her  father  wasn't  present  and  the  storm  was  getting  stronger.  Taylor  thought  about  aomething,  and  it  came  to  her. 

''He  must  be  somewhere  in  the  outter  parts  of  the  sea''.

''What  makes  you  so  sure''?