Chapter 2

Sammy  sat  at  the  lunch  table  by  himself  as  usual  staring  out  the  window.  He couldn't wait to get out of  school  to  work  on  the farm.  Eighth  period  seemed  to move  slower  than  usual  but  he  waited.  He  was  expecting  his  mother  to  arrive  soon  as  he  watched  the  group  of  pretty  blonde  hair  girls  walk  from  the  school.  They  were  laughing  and  talking,  he  glanced  at  one  in  particular  she  was  in  the  head  of  the  line.  Even  though  he  prefered  to  stay  clear  from  them,  she  was  nice  looking.  Her  long  hair  went  to  her  shoulders.  He  really never  noticed  her  before  it  wasn't  like  him  he  was staring  too  long.  She  glanced  back  at  him  as  he  got  the  attention  from  the  other  girls.  They  started  to  approuch  him,  he  tried  to  look  away  but  it  did  no  use.  They  were  there,  he  looked  at  her.

  ''Hey  aren't  you  the  kid  in  my  seventh  period  Chemistry  class''?  she  asked.  He  looked  down  trying  to  find  the  answer,  she  looked  at  her  friends  as  they  sneered.  Sammy  looked  around  to see  his  mother  pulling  up.

  ''I  have  to  go''  he  said  tripping  over  his  shoelace.  He  got  in  the  car  taking  off  his  glasses  he  chose  to  wear.

  ''She  talked  to  me''.

 ''Who  talked  to  you''  Julie  asked.  He  looked  at  her  as  if  she  should  already  know.

 ''That  was  the  most  popular  girl  in  school she never said one word to me before today''.  It  was  weird  why  would  she  say  anything  to him  he  wondered  as  they  arrived  home.  The  smell  of  the  animals  was  fresh,  unlike  the  cities  odor he  hated. 

''What  are  you  doing  today''?  his  mother  asked.

''Some  light  homework,  then  my  duties  then to  the  lake  for  awhile.  She  nodded  then  headed  to  the  house.  Sammy  made  sure  all  the  animals  were  taken  care  of  before  he  completed  his  homework.  He  sat  by  the  lake  eating  a  peanut  butter  and  jelly  sandwich.  The  lake  was soothing  and  calm,  it  always  was.  He  sat  at  the  table  eating  with  his  mother,  she  gave  him  that  look.

  ''So  why  don't  you  just  talk  to  her  whoever  she  is''?  He  thought  about  it  for  a  second,  then  looked  back  down  at  his  mashed  potatoes.

 ''Sammy  i  understand  your  still  getting  over  your  father's  death  and  you  take  as  much  time  as  you  need,  but  life  still  goes  on''.  That  made  him  uncomfortable,  the  thought  of  his  father   did  that.  His  attention  turned  to  his  room,  and  his  wriitng.  Whenever  the  topic  of  his  father's  passing  came  up  he  couldn't  handle  it.  She  knew  it  though,  she  seen  the  hurt  in  his  eyes.  He  buried  his  face  in  the  pillow  trying  not  to  think  about  it.  But  he  couldn't  control  his  emotions.  The  memories  of  his  father  all  came  to  him  at  once,  they  were  like  blurred  pictures.  His  mother  just  sat  there,  she  already  knew  how  he  felt  but  left  him  alone.  Sammy  stared  at   the  blank  paper,  hoping  it  would  somehow  give  him  some  inspiration.  His  mom  wanted  him  to  receive  counsling,  just  someone  to  help  him  cope  with  it  all.  She  was  afraid  something  bad  was  going  to happen  if  he  kept  it  inside.  After  four  years  he  was  starting  to show  signs  of  depression.  It  scared  her  the  only  thing  that  made  her  worry,  Sammy  woke  the  next  day  trying  to  forget  the  night  before.  He  got  dressed   for  school  feeding  the  animals,  then  grabbing  the  breakfast  himself.  He  thought  about  how  the  day would  go  about  as  they  drove.  The  countryside  was  beautiful  as  he  looked,  the  sun  was  just  rising.