Chapter 6

Now  Seattle  was  rainy,  and  very  at  that.  The  cab  pulled  up  at  the  hotel  as  Sammy  and  Taylor  got  out  checking  in.  He   looked  around.

   ''It's  been  awhile  since  i've  seen  a  hotel''.

   ''How  long  have  you  lived  in  the  countryside''?  she  asked.

  ''A  long  time''.  They  were  escorted  to  their  room,  which  was  very  well  prepared.  It  had  two  beds,  with  a  large  flat  screen  tv,  and  a  bath.

  ''Perfect''  Taylor  said  smiling  setting  her  bags  down,  flopping  on  the  bed.  Sammy  sat  on  the  edge  of  his bed,  everything  seemed  so  strange  to  him.

  ''This  is  nice  I  guess''.

  ''I'm  really  happy  you  came  Sammy''  she  said  going  into  the  bathroom  to  shower.  He  woke  to  her  ordering  room  service, she  was  looking  threw  her  cell  phone.

 ''What  time  is  it''?  he  asked.

 ''A  little  after  nine  why  don't  you  order  some  breakfast,  we  should  be  heading  out''.  He  was  use  to  waking  up  at  a  early  hour,  but  he  was  either  at  school  or  working.  He  ate  some eggs,  while  she  made  some  calls.

 ''Who  were  you  talking  to''?

  ''My  dad's  good  friend  Caroline  Peterson,  i  think  she  knows  something''.

 ''And  so''?

 ''Were  going  to  her  house,  I  need  some  information  from  her''.

     Caroline  Peterson was  Taylor's  father's  best  friend  from  childhood.  They  have  always  been  close  and  she  was  considered  a friend  of  the  family.  When  Taylor's  parents  spit  up,  Caroline  brought  her  father  to  Seattle  to  pursue a  career  as  a  Marine  Biologist.  They  rang  her  doorbell  waiting.

  ''Taylor........what  a  surprise  come  in  sweetheart'' Caroline  said  as  they  sat  on  the  loveseat.

  ''Hello,  this  is  my  friend  Sammy''.

  ''Nice to  meet  you  Sammy......what  brings  you  out  my  way  Taylor''?  she  asked.  She  pulled  out  a  picture  from  her  purse.

  ''You  do  remember  my  father  don't  you''?

  ''Of  course  I  do  i  haven't  spoken  to  him  in  awhile''  she  said.

  ''Well  you  see  Caroline  that's  just  it  I  haven't  spoken  to  him  in  three  weeks''.  She  looked  at  her  with  concern.

  ''Oh  dear''.

  ''My  father  and  i  talk  everyday......I'm  afraid  something  has  happened  to  him''.

 ''Like  what  dear''?

''I  don't  know........that's  why  came  to  Seattle  i'm  nervous''  Taylor  said.

''Why  didn't  you  report  it  to  the  police''?

''I  rather  find  out  myself........he's  my  father''.

''I  see......so what  can  i  do  to  help''?  Caroline  asked.

''When  was  the  last  time  you  spoke  to  him''?

''Like  i've  told  you  it's  been  awhile...........but  I do  remember  speaking  to  him  last  month''.

''Last  month....................do  you  remember  what  he  said''?  Taylor  asked.

''He  said  something  about  sailing,  he  bought  a  large  boat''.  That  made  Taylor  think,  she  couldn't  recall  one  single  time  her  father  went  sailing  or  even  mention  it.

''I  will  get  to  the  bottom  of  this''.

''I'm  sorry  I couldn't  be  more  helpful''  Caroline  said  she  was  a  short  woman,  with  short  grey  white  hair.  She  had  a  warm  smile,  and  her  blue  eyes  seemed  to  light  up  when  she  talked  to  you.  She  was  also  concerned,  she  was  a  good  friend  to  Taylor's  father.  They  left  her  house  heading  back  to  the  hotel.  Taylor  made  sure  she  gave  Caroline  her  cell  phone  number  in  case  she  heard  something.  They  went  to  a  local  resturant  to  get  a  bite  to  eat,  she  felt  so  confused  sitting  there  staring  ahead.

 ''It  just  dosen't  feel  right  to  me  you  know.......this  whole  sailing  thing''.

  ''So  you  think  Caroline's  lying''?  Sammy  asked.

 ''No   I  wouldn't  say  that....but  still  something's  off''.  Aslong  as  she  could  remember  her  father  never  said  anything  about  sailing.  He  had  been  in  Saettle  for  three  and  a  half  years,  and  never  said  one  word.  It  made  her  feel  uneasy  as  she  sat  there  picking  at  the  chicken  salad.

 ''Maybe  he  wanted  to  try  something  new,  alot  of  people  go  sailing  at  this  time  of  year''.

 ''But  if  so....why  didn't  he  tell  me ?  he  tells  me  everything''  she  said.  He  could  tell  this  was  bothering  her.

''Hey  Taylor.................we'll  find  him''  she  gave  a  half  smile.

''I  hope  your  right.......I really do''  she  said  as  they  headed  back  to  the  hotel.