Chapter 9

Taylor  sat  there  just  staring  out  the  cab  window.  The  house  she  had  her  eyes  on  was  huge.  It  had  atleast  five bedrooms.  It  looked  like  a  castle,  old  fasioned  but  very  detailed.

   ''What  are  we  doing  here''?  Sammy  asked  as  they  stood  there.

   ''This  is  my  father's  house''.  He  looked  at  her  already  knowing  what  she  planned.  They  walked  to  the  front  door,  she  glanced  at  the  carpet  on  the  ground.

   ''If  there's  one  thing  i  know.....he  keeps  a  key''.

   ''Why''  Sammy  asked  she  grinned  reaching  under  the  carpet  grabbing  a  small  gold  key.

  ''He  always  leaves  a  extra''  she  said  opening  the  door.  Now  his  house  was  just  as  big  inside  as  it  was  outside.  Taylor  headed  up  the  long  flight  of  stairs  to  the  first  bedroom.  It  had  one  king sized  bed,  with  a  dresser.  The  large  flat  screen  hung  on  the  wall  in  the  corner.

  ''Man.............i've  never  seen  a  house  this  big''  Sammy  said.  Taylor  looked  around,  making  her  way  to  the  dressar opening  it  up.

  ''I  need  some  papers''.

  ''What  papers''?

 ''Information.....important  papers''  she  said.  It  was  full  of  papers,  she  looked  threw  them.  In  a  way  she  had  a  feeling  something  would  pop  up.  A  samll  note  had  a  man's  name  on  it  reading  JOHN  SIMMONS  832-4917. She  pulled  out  her  cell  phone  dialing  the  number.

 ''Taylor  who  is  that''?

 ''I  have  a  strong  feeling  about  this  number''.  A  voice  she  didn't  recongnize  anwsered,  she  asked  him  how  he  knew  her  father  and  he  explained.  John  Simmons  was  an  very  important  buisness  man  around  the  country.  Taylor's  father  owed  him  over  $1,500  for  a  few  favors  he  did  for  him  over  the  past  two  years.  The  whole  reason  he  took  the  job  in  Seattle  was  to  pay  back  the money.  Taylor  was  in  shock,  she  couldn't  hang  up  the  phone  or  speak.  It  all  came  so  fast,  the  only  reason  he  was  here  was  to  win  the  grand  prize.

  ''So............that's  why  he  entered,  to  pay  back  John'' she  said  as  they  headed  back  to  the  beach.

  ''Taylor.....slow  down  this  dosen't  make  sense''.  The  race  was  tomorrow,  the  wind  was  picking  up.  Storm  clouds  were  beginning  to  head  in,  but  she  knew  she  had  to  find  her  father.  They  went  to  the  hotel  to  get  prepared,  she  was  nervous  her  body  language  showed  it.

 ''I  knew  something  wasn't  right....i  felt  it''.

 ''Everything  will  be  fine.....i'm  sure  he  has  a  good  reason  for   this  whole  thing''  he  said  as  his  phone  went  off.  It  was  his  mother,  voice  trembling  he  explained  to  her  what  they  had  just  discovered.  Sammy  was  worried  but  then  again  it  had  to  be  the  hurricane  that  scared  her.

 ''Mom.........what's  wrong''?

 ''Sammy  i'm  begging  you  not  to  go  on  that  race  tomorrow''  she  said  sobbing.  He  didn't  want  to  keep  making  her  upset,  but  couldn't  just  back  at  now.

 ''Taylor...need's  me  mom''.

 ''I  undersatnd.......but  i  have  something  to  tell  you''.

 ''What''?  he  asked  she  was  quiet  for  a  few  seconds.  This  made  him  nervous,  he  never  heard  her  sound  like  this before.  Taylor  sat  down  beside  him.

 ''Your  father's  death  wasn't  an  accident''.

 ''What''?.............. do  you  mean  it  wasn't  a  accident''.

 ''The  same  man  you  said  Taylor's  father  owes  money  John  Simmons''.

 ''Yes  what  about  him''?

 ''Your  father  owed  him  over  $50,000 ''  she  said  trying  not  to  breakdown.

 ''What  do  you  mean''?

''You  were  young  and  your  father  was  in  serious  debt  we  were  struggling''.  Sammy  looked  at  Taylor  his  eyes  wide.

''I'm  sorry  i  hid  this  from  you  for  so  long..........i  am''.

''Why  didn't  you  just  tell  me  mom''  he  said  his  head  in  his  lap.  It  was  difficult  to  hear  she  went  on.

''Your  old  enough  to  know  the  whole  truth''.

''And  that  is''?

''When  he  couldn't  pay  it  all  back  John  had  him  killed  i'm  sorry''.

''What''!  he  shouted  throwing  the  phone  across  the  room,  it  hit  the  wall.  He  got  up  running  into  the  bathroom.  Taylor  ran  after  him,  he  was  on  the  floor.

''Sammy  what  did  you  hear''?

''Just  leave  me  alone''.

''Please  don't  shut  me  out  like  this...........not  now''  she  said.

''My  father  was  murdered  by  John  Simmons''  she  covered  her  mouth  with  her  hands  knealing  down  beside  him.

''I'm  so  sorry  Sammy''  she  hugged  him  as  he  cried  ''I'm  here''.  Her  cell  phone  rang,  she  got  up  to anwser  it.

''Hello''?

''Ms.  Taylor............this  is  John....your   father  owes  me  some  money''.

''If  you  hurt   him  i  swear''  she said  looking  at  Sammy.

''Don't  worry  he  better  win  that  race''  he  hung  up  as  Sammy  made  it  to  his  feet.

''What  is  it''?

''It  was  Simmons.............he's  going  to  kill  my  father''  she  said  tears  in  her  eyes.

''I won't  let  what  happened  to  me  repeat  again  i  promise''.

''We  have  to  warn  him............but  where  is  he''?  she  said.  In  order  to  save  her  father  they  would  have  to  risk  their  lives.  The  thunder  could  be heard  outside,  as  the  winds  picked  up  the  hurricane  had  finally  come.