The One That Got Left Behind

-Present day-

Dean's POV

I awoke with a jump, my whole body covered in sweat and blood. The pain shot through my torso as the sudden movement caused me to remember all my aching joints. My breath pulsated as I gasped at the burning sensation at my side, the rumbling in my stomach and dryness of my mouth not helping my condition. The cold night's wind made me shiver from head to toe, despite a warm jacket that someone had placed on me. I gulped back my whimpers as I sat back against the uncomfortable boulder.

I looked up with dazed eyes.

Sam came into my view, his long brown hair and enormous figure. He was kneeling next to me wearing only his red plaid and dirty jeans.

Through my blurry vision, I noticed something was wrong.

Sam's hands were behind his head and he had a concerned yet fierce expression on his face. With pursed lips, cautious eyes and furrowed eyebrows he opened his mouth to try and say something.

Just then I noticed the man dressed in a camouflaged army suit, who pushed the mouth of his rifle behind Sam's head, instructing him to stay quiet.

I turned my head the other way, only to have a gun pointing at the place between my eyes. My breath got caught in my throat as I tried to remain calm. The woman holding the gun, leveled it with my forehead as I tried to back away.

The others also had several weapons being threatened upon them. Kai was being held back by three people, a knife to his throat and a gun at his chest. His cut lips and swollen eye informed me that he tried to put up a fight.

"Just leave him alone" Sam said despite the gun cocked at his head.

The man smacked the barrel of the gun onto his head and Sam fell to the floor, struggling to get up.

I tried to say something but my throat felt dead. All that came out was an uncontrolled cry of rage.

"Sam?" I heard Hannah call out.

"I'm fine" he muttered and rubbed the back of his head.

"Tell us where your camp is, give us what you have, and we'll let you go" the man holding the gun on Sammy, said.

He had a piece of cloth draped over his mouth, but other than that, he had a buzz cut hairstyle with a sharp jaw and protruding cheekbones. He was tall and had burnt patches all over his arms. Half his fingernails seemed ripped off and the grip on his gun seemed fierce.

"We don't have anything of use" Ithuriel said.

"Yeah, bullcrap!"

"Shane?" the woman holding the gun on me, tilted her head "That guy look familiar to you?"

The others cast their glances at Ithuriel and gasped.

Shane turned and looked at him aswell. He furrowed his eyebrows "I-Ithuriel?"

Ithuriel raised his eyebrows, clearly as confused as the rest of us.

Shane pushed the gun further into Sam's hair "Who the hell are you people?"

"Look, it's a long story" Sam said, his hands still in the air "Just let us go, please"

"Tell us where your camp is!" the woman yelled.

"We don't have a freaking camp!" Kai yelled "We're not even from around here!"

"You're trying to tell me that you've survived this long without a camp?! How dumb do you think we are?!" Shane yelled.