5.

Dear Emily,

I met you on Wattpad, and if you read this, you would know who you are, but you've been inactive for years.

You lived in another state, but we still considered each other best friends. We would have to work out the time difference to find out when was best to talk on the phone, and we texted ALL THE TIME.

You told me everything you couldn't tell anyone else, and I did the same with you. If we would have lived in the same place, we would have been inseparable. But maybe that's part of why our friendship ended.

We both started getting super busy, but we still made time to talk. Then Christmas break came, and being the super nice person you are, you sent me a present in the mail. It was the nicest letter I have ever received and something that your grandma left behind for you when she passed, which I felt totally unworthy to be given.

After that, we were pretty much closer than ever. We told each other everything. We talked every single day without fail, and I even somehow managed to help  score you your first nice boyfriend (who looked suspiciously similar to a celebrity we used to fangirl over back then). 

After that was when we got busier than ever, and lost contact for a while. Then one day, I decided that I had had enough of the silence of both ends, and I sent you a letter that explained everything that had been going on in my life since we last talked. I was halfway expecting no response, but you sent one!

We never went back to how we were before, but we started texting again, and I think I realized that we weren't going to stay friends when I asked about your boyfriend, and we had the most awkward convo ever about your breakup.

Those types of things didn't used to be sore subjects with us before, and I knew things had changed for good.

Soon enough, we lost touch again, and I haven't talked to you since. 

I've tried to find you on social media recently, but you're mostly inactive, but that's fine because I know we've both changed as people, and things would probably be even more awkward now.

So anyway, you deserve so much out of life and even though it's  been 8 million years since we've spoken, your friendship still means so much to me.

Love,

Your vote-for-vote co-conspirator