Chapter Two

The Hunter woke up and looked at his pup, glad to see she was safe, and still asleep. He picked her up carefully after standing and grabbed her bag. He wrapped her in her blanket before going to a hotel and getting into a room missing a door knob. He killed any threats in or near the room after setting Alice on the bed.

Alice woke up to Hunter's gentle pets. He was softly petting her head. And when he noticed she was awake he nuzzled her. The Hunter had quickly grown attached to the little one, and wasn't planning on letting her go anytime soon. He fixed her hood, again, and grabbed her bag. She took it and pulled out a pop tart and began to eat.

When she finished she cleaned herself up a bit. She then began to talk to the Hunter, as she was bored and didn't know what to do. As she spoke she heard the Hunter attempt to mimic the sounds she was making. She giggled as he did, because he wasn't doing well.

She wrapped her arms around him and snuggled with him. She was getting tired, as she only had so much energy and starting to drift to sleep. She had, like the Hunter, grown attached to him very quickly. Her last thought before falling asleep again was teaching him to talk.

He watched her as she slept, curious. He watched her for a good hour before getting on the bed and curling up around her.

Alice woke up a few hours later, alone. It was dark and she couldn't see anything. She could hear something, and that something sounded like a fight. She heard the Hunter growling and making noise, she also heard coughs from an unknown being. In the distance, she heard a soft crying sound that slowly drew near.

Alice shook in fear, the crying grew near.

She heard the crying right outside and heard the growls and coughs grow a bit distant. The cry enters the room from the window, and then stops right next to her. Alice was shaking so bad from fear that she started crying.

The Witch knew where the little girl the Hunter was trying to protect was but did not realize she was a child. She pulled the blanket away from Alice when she heard Alice begin to cry. She was curious and when she saw Alice she couldn't hurt her.

This is when the Witch realized why the Hunter kept her alive. He became her father basically. She wrapped Alice up in the blanket and picked her up, carefully. Then she grabbed Alice's bag, as Alice was trying to grab it. She then went to find the Hunter and Smoker who were fighting over Alice.

When she got there she had got Alice to calm down. She growled at anyone that dared approach her.

The Hunter heard the Witch and when he saw her with his pup he pushed the Smoker away and went and grabbed Alice from the Witch, threatening the Smoker and growling slightly at the Witch. The Witch did nothing in return but the Smoker wrapped his tonge around the Hunter, wanting Alice. The Witch then clawed his tonge into pieces and then threatened to do the same thing to him, but ten times worse. She did this because she knows how much one Hunter can get attached to a pup, and that he will hunt down and kill anyone who dares hurt her or take her from him.

The Smoker backed down, not wanting to feel the wrath of the Witch, but did not understand why the Hunter was being so protective.

Alice huddled into the Hunter's chest and he nuzzled her. The Smoker was absolutely confused before getting hit by the Witch and hearing her say something along the lines of "That is his pup." He, using that information put two and two together and remembered that Hunters take pups, human or undead, and raise them basically and mourn over them when they die. Hunters become the pups adoptive father. And by the looks of it, Alice was happy and so the Smoker backed down completely and apologized to the Hunter for trying to take Alice.

He also vowed to help protect her to make it up. The Hunter agreed to this. Alice tilted her head, and then placed her head against the Hunter's chest and closed her eyes. She was very tired. The Hunter then looked around and went to take her back to the hotel room to hide her. Her fixed her hood and then left. The Smoker went out to watch out for the survivors while the Witch was near the hotel room, stopping anyone from reaching the Hunter and his pup.