Chapter Six

Alice was huddled so close to the Witch, she was scared, the Smoker had returned, and rushed the two of them to the exit before the big thing popped up. The Witch was quick to get them out of there, with her stuff but they were still on the move and it was just those two. She was shaking, kind of cold and in shock from seeing the Smoker getting punched and hurt. 

The Witch knew Alice was scared and probably in shock, but she kept moving, thankfully being very fast, able to get them away from the Tank quickly, she had started walking now, they were inside of another place again, and Alice was too scared to let go of the Witch. She was crying a little bit, but was finally coming out of her shock. The Witch gently curled into Alice, hoping to help calm her down. She smiled again at Alice, something the Witch becoming fond of doing, and noticed how it was helping. She put Alice's head into the crook of her neck once she heard the familiar 'thudding' that had caused all of this. She pushed herself further into their hiding spot, holding Alice closer, accidentally cutting her hoodie a little, which was better than her skin like she had done a few times already. 

She was getting rather hostile though, and annoying. If the Tank found them, she would definitely snap and scare Alice more, and maybe even hurt her. The Witch did not want that. Alice was thankfully no longer shaking, however, she had definitely heard the Tank, he wasn't too close as of that moment, but he was still too close for comfort. She was praying the Smoker had found the Hunter, and that they were on their way so that they could Alice to a much safer place, and maybe deal with this damned Tank.

She sighed, something she had picked up from Alice, and leaned her head against Alice's, and gently held Alice as she slid into a sitting position. 

After a while of traveling, not knowing exactly where to go, the Hunter had become very aggressive, which was a bit of a shock to the Smoker, he knew the Hunter was attached to Alice, but not that he was so attached that if a threat took his child he would become murderously aggressive. He was staying a bit behind the Hunter, for two reasons, one being the obvious, and two being that he was still hurting from meeting the end of the Tank's fists once or twice, before being thrown through a wall. 

"Goddammit.. Where are they?!?" The Hunter growled, thrashing his claws at the infected in front of him. But while in his anger of attacking the nearby infected, he failed to notice what the Smoker did. He heard the familiar 'thudding' that had caused this mess.

"Hey, shhh! Listen, do you hear that?"

"What?!" The Hunter growled, before slowly calming a bit and listening, and he heard the 'thudding' as well. He looked at the Smoker.

"That means that they are near, while they could outrun him, no doubt he has already found their general location."

"So that means, we have to give them some form of sound to know we are here." The Smoker smirks at the Hunter, watching him open his mouth to reveal the sharp, blood ridden teeth hidden behind his lips. He let out a loud, harsh growl. However, what could be detected was hints of loss, and protectiveness, among severe anger. He got no reply at first, but the Smoker made a sound as well, and they got a woman's growl in return, causing the Hunter to smile once more and them both to jump out to the direction they had been indicated, while the Tank came around the corner, going to follow them.

The Witch's head snapped up when she heard the growl from the Hunter, but she was unsure if replying would be the right choice until she heard the Smoker, before she let out a growl that she hoped would not scare Alice. 

She stood up, slowly, and walked over to Alice who was wrapped in a blanket while laying on the ground, using her bag as a pillow, she picked Alice up and noticed she was asleep, so she carefully grabbed her bag and put it onto Alice, before carefully and slowly walking out to the doors of the store. She carefully nudged Alice with her head in order to wake her, which did work, thankfully. She was very thankful when she caught sight of the Hunter, and reached one of her hands outside to signal him to their location. Alice smiled when she saw the Hunter and once he landed outside, the Smoker behind him a little, he was immediately taking Alice from the Witch and checking her for injuries. The ones he found from the Witch he knew accidents, and those were the only wounds thankfully on her. He nuzzled Alice, but the warning sound from the Smoker and the thudding sound had indicated the Tank had indeed followed them and was now on his way. 

The Hunter set Alice down, and the bag of supplies he had gotten before turning around to face the Tank, while the Smoker got Alice and the stuff inside more, and left the other two to deal with the Tank. The Hunter crouched, preparing to launch himself onto the Tank when he noticed the Witch had already lost her cool and was charging him with her claws open and ready. The Hunter had decided to use this to his advantage and was the Witch had gotten the Tank turned around, he pounced, claws ready and struck home on the back of the Tank.