Day Off

The next morning, Kenzie had woken up before Finn and she couldn't help but notice how tight and close he was holding her in his sleep. She looks up at him sleeping and grins, and then the events of last night played out in her thoughts. She knows she won't be able to get free for a little while so she settles back down, snuggling into his chest. She know she was going to take the time to sleep in after the late night last night, but she's actually not tired. She then starts to lightly draw patterns on his skin, keeping herself occupied until he wakes up. She feels him start to stir and she smiles, not stoppig with the patterns.

"Morning." She says when his eyes open.

He mumbles incoherently.

"Never been a morning person."

"Usually you aren't either." He says after a moment, his voice raspy.

"Couldn't go back to sleep."

"Bad dream?" He asks.

"No." She shakes her head. "My mind kept going back to what happened last night." She adds.

He grins and chuckles.

"I can't help it."

"I know."

"So, do you have any plans for us today?" She asks.

"Not really. Can't we stay in bed?" Finn leers.

"Oh stop. I think we've disturbed the neighbors enough and besides, it looks like it's nice out today." She laughs.

"Well yeah..."

"Sami will probably be looking for you at some point too." She points out.

"Probably wondering why I'm not in the room."

"Mmhmm."

"Oops?"

She giggles and kisses him. "He'll understand though, I'm sure." She adds.

"He will. He's good about that. Sami never once judged me for having a relationship like you and I have had."

"I know. He kinda asked on Monday what kind of relationship we had, because I thought it'd be awkward running into you after not seeing you for a while, and he asked why." She nods.

"Ah."

"But yeah. Definitely not a judgmental person. Those are the friends you keep around forever."

"Definitely." She agrees.

"Wonder what his reaction will be when we tell him we're together." Finn chuckles.

"Probably excited."

"Most likely."

Finn's phone starts to go off somewhere in the room. "I'm betting that's him." She laughs.

"Probably." He chuckles, moving so he can go and find it.

She sprawls out in his spot, snuggling into the pillows. Finn finds his phone in the pocket of his pants. "He wants to go to the gym." Finn remarks after reading the text.

"You can go if you want." She shrugs nonchalantly.

"Are you sure?" He asks her.

"It's fine, honestly. Sami's your best friend and you guys haven't been able to hang out like you used to."

"What are you gonna do?"

"I don't know yet but I'll figure something out when I get motivated. You can use one of your shirts that I have so you aren't wearing all the same clothes back to your room if you want." She says amusedly.