Chapter 3

ME: (for the pic above)
1- Tessa
2-Will
3-Izzy
4-Alec
5-Simon
6-Jem

Recap:
Will nodded and took one last look out the window. He put his arm around Jem's shoulder and Jem did the same to Will. Together, as parabatai, they walked back to the others who were waiting.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

When Jem and Will came back, Zachariah was telling a story. The duo heard some familiar names such as their own, but they also the names such as Lucie and Cordelia and Matthew.  As they opened the door, he was finishing up.

". . .Tessa and I are still here." Will and Jem shared a look. Was Zachariah someone they knew?

"Hello. We're back." Will said. "Now, what were you saying?" Tessa looked up and shared an all-knowing look with Zachariah again.

"Jem, Will, come with me. There is something I have to tell you two." The boys followed Tessa the hallway and exchanged a confused look.  Taking a deep breath, Tessa began.

"I don't know how this worked out. I don't ever remember you two leaving to go to New York, but this still happened. Will, Jem, your on the future. The year is 2009 and, I know it's hard to believe, but it's true. You two are stuck here until Magnus and I can find a way to get the both of you back to your proper time."

Tessa checked her watch. "It's half past midnight, we should all be going to bed. Oh! And by the way, Zachariah and I told the others about your pasts and futures. Sorry, but they had to know. I'll have Alec tell you where your rooms are.

♠♥♣♦

"This are some spare rooms. Tessa and Zachariah are next door if you need anything." Alec said. Will went onto his room, and Jem his.

Jem gently placed his yin fen box on the bedside table. He leaned his cane against the beds post and studied the room. There was a window across from the door, and a dresser across from the bed. It looked a lot like his own bed from his own time.

Taking out his violin from it's case, he examined it. The hinges didn't squeak as he lifted the cover. He smiled, rested his chin on the violin, and began to play.

Jem played about his love for Tessa.
He played about his bond with Will.
He played about his life- a bittersweet song.

When he opened his eyes. Tessa was standing by the door.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt. It's was just soon pretty."

"It's alright. Wow. Déjà vu much?" Jem said.

Tessa laughed. "Wow. It really is. All we need is Will t-"

"Evening Tessa, James." Will stated as he walked towards the pair.

Tessa smirked triumphantly. "I rest my case. I'm going to go to bed. Nice music Jem."

"What? That ghostly wail? It sounded more like a banshee to me." Will said, teasing Jem again.

"Oh, shut up."

"Well, since I have graced you all with my presence, I will leave."

"You never cease too amaze me with your stupidity. You know that, right?" Jem said as he put his violin back in its case.