Chap. 1 the summer starts

It is a beautiful day here in Queens, New York. Finally. Ever since the last day of school, it's been raining and no one could go out.

What is this Florida? (No offense Floridians)

So i wake up in my little bed with my one direction sheets blanketing me in.

I sit up, look at my HUGE Niall Horan poster. And I mean huge.

I have stayed loyal to this boy band- along with all of the other girls in the world- for the full four years of their commitment. Then they took time off but we all still love them even if they aren't together anymore.

(I know what you're all probably thinking: what is she talking about? One direction is still together and it's only been three years what? I'm writing this story in future tense if that make sense.)

Louis was my favorite then he got a girl friend and I gave up but I still always loved him. Then Niall went to number one. He was and still is soooo freaking cutee. Ahhh.

So anyways, I get out of bed, take off my pjs and jump in the shower.

Once I get out I throw on my white jeans shorts and my black Ed sheeran t shirt.

I call to my mom, " hey mom I'm going to Walgreens for some school stuff". Because I know that's what she wants to hear even though its the summer.

"Okayee, text me". She calls back. And I leave.

I'm listening to my one direction in my headphones walking the five blocks to Walgreens.

I don't actually need anything but ill just get some pens and some candy.

CHOCOLATE IS LIFE

------

So now I'm at Walgreens. What to get? I'm in the candy isle and literally no one else is in this store.

What is with people and eating healthy in the summer.

I exercise enough ... right?

Whatever. Ive decided on kit Kat, milk duds and charleston chews.

Not all for me, I'm not that fat geez.

I always share with my mom and sister.

So I'm walking down the aisles looking for those damn pens so my mom won't flip a shit and I can't find them.

This is why I don't go shopping alone. I can never find what I'm looking for.

I still have my headphones in and rock me comes on. Oh man. Slight throwback.

I start bopping my head to the beat while walking around Walgreens. It's basically empty anyways.

I find the section that has pens and I run to it! Right as I am about to turn I bang into some big guy.

"Oh I'm soo sorry are you okay?" I ask even though I fell on the floor and not him.

I didn't even think to look at who it was I was too focused on picking up my candy :)

"Yea are yo-. Oh wait. I know you. You're Jessie right?" I can tell by his voice he had an evil grin on it.

I freeze when he says my real name and not Jess because only people from my past call me that.

And I don't have a lot of friends from my past.

I slowly look up and I see- of anyone else in the world it had to be- Ben.

(Ben was the evil little jerk that had to bother me with everything. It didn't matter the circumstances.

He was my biggest bully ever and I hated him with all of my heart.

One time in third grade, I broke my arm and instead of feeling bad for me and leaving me alone for once, he decided to hitting cast with a ruler. Oh thanks Ben I needed that.

I was really shy at that time and I wouldn't stand up for my self when he or anyone else would try to physically harm me.

I would just let them push or trip of bang into me and instead of getting mad, I would cry. A lot.

But I'm not shy anymore.

So back to Ben)

"What do you want Ben?" I ask as I stand up.

"Yep you're Jessie all right." he says while looking at the candy in my hand. "Still don't know how to stop stuffing your face huh?" He chuckled out.

"Oh shutup it's not for me." I lied. I grabbed the pens off of the hook and push past him. He is not going to ruin the first good day of my summer vacation.

"Ok bye cookie dinosaur." He says and I stop in my tracks. He aways used to call me that and I wanted to stop eating anything just because of him. I'm done. I'm not the same scared little girl I was. This is going to end now.

And that's exactly what I said to him.

I turn around and walk over to the loser smirking like an idiot. " You know what Ben? I'm done. I'm not a scared little girl that you can push around to make yourself feel better. Anymore." I'm embarrassing myself aren't I?

He goes to talk but I stop him before he can. " No. I'm talking your listening. You are going to stop bothering me and stop putting your hands on me. For good. And if you don't then there are going to be big problems. I don't want things to get ugly so you should just stop now. Do I makes self clear?"

He nods then smirks again. Uh oh.

"Yea you're crystal clear but who helped you come up with that little speech? It was excellent" he said with sarcasm. "Do you feel all big and tough now cuz you told me off?" he started walking towards me and i was backing up. Stop backing up!! "Oh and i don't think you can make things uglier than they already got when you walked on the room."

Oh haha good one.

"Oh and Jessie, i cant take your rant seriously when your still backing away from me like I'm going to kill you. So yes, you are still a scared little piece of shit like you always were."

I was so pissed. I couldn't think of anything else to do but what I just did. I kicked him in the nuts and enjoying his groan of pain so much, slapped him in the face HARD and ran out of there. I heard him fall to the ground and shout, " You better watch yourself!"

But I didn't care. It was just a freak thing. I ran home threw the pens and milk duds on the table and took the other candy to my room.

I replayed the melodrama that just happened again and again in my head. And ill admit. I was proud of myself and glad I did it :)

Authors note: hey guys!! Hope you enjoyed the character biography and chapter one. Don't worry ill introduce Niall in chapter 2 or 3. Im just giving you inside about Jess before i introduce Niall and his P.O.V. No this is not like after so don't worry I'm not copying anyone. My real name is Jessica yes I look how I described Jess or "Jessie" to look. If you have any questions or constructive criticism please comment. Chapter 2 should be up in the next few days so look out for it!!) :)

-Jess.

P.s: my update times will be about four days but I try to make long chapters and if I take too long to update I'm sure I will have a very good reason and I will explain that reason to you guys in the Authors note. Love you all :-*