Chap 8. The food swap

Bens P.O.V

What the actual fuck? I mean seriously. Who does this Niall kid think he is?

I can't just let him think he got the best of me like that. I'm showing him who's boss.

I take a little bottle of this weird poisony thing. It's not actually poison-I could never kill someone... On purpose. It's just this ingredient that almost everyone on Earth is allergic to. Let's hope he's one of those 'almost everyone'.

Let's see if he's such a big talker when his lips swell up and his throat gets red and itchy and he passes out. I don't feel bad because I know that he'll be okay after he passes out.

That's how the body works right? If not...then, oops. Oh well :)

Niall's POV

"Nope."

"Nothing?"

"Not one thing."

"How is that possible?"

Jess STILL can't believe that I just so happen to be so lucky that I'm not allergic to anything. Not pollen, dust, shrimp, R40. Not even peanut butter.

I know that's a little odd for someone to not have ANY allergies what so ever, but I guess I'm just lucky like that.

"Are you sure? Have you gotten tested?"

"YES. Let it go Jess. It's not really that interesting. How did we even get on this topic of conversation anyways?"

"Well, you were taking about how there's a caution on the menu that some ingredients cause severe allergic reactions, but not to worry because you're not allergic to anything. But that isn't fair!!! I'm allergic to like everything known to man!!"

"Sorry babe, I guess I'm just luckier than you are." I wink at her.

I don't know where this flirtatious Niall came from, but by the blush that appears on her face I'm guessing she likes it.

So adorable. I wish she was mine for good.

"You do?"

I said that out loud? Kill me.

(Sorry I know this happens in like every fanfic but it actually happens to me sometimes so 😛)

"You really think I'm adorable?"

"And want me to be yours?"

"For good?"

"Umm. That's what I said right? so I guess it must be true.". I try to lessen the awkwardness swallowing me right now.

"Don't try to play mister cool with me buddy. I know you like me."

"Oh where did this boost of confidence come from?"

"I don't know. If you like me than there's nothing to lose though, right?" She makes a cute little laughing sound and I notice how she's actually mailing a genuine smile at me.

I think this is he first real emotion I've ever gotten out of her. Besides the constant self doubt and fright always plastered on her face.

It's like those two emotions are permanently placed there and even if they disappear for a little while, they always manage to find their way back to her and ruin the mood.

I don't know what caused those emotions to stick there, but I hope I can help add a better emotion into the mix.

Maybe it will start now. It's official that we both like each other. That's a good start.