Road Trip Part 2

I woke up in a hospital bed. As soon as I opened my eyes, Archie saw me.

"You're awake!" Archie yelled.

The two doctors shushed him. Then looked at me.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You tried to kill yourself. We contacted your mother and she should show up any minute now." The doctor explained.

"No! My mother can't show up here!" I yelled.

"I'm afraid she has to. Especially with something this serious." The doctor replied.

The doctors left. Archie sat on the chair next to the bed.

"Why'd you do it?" Archie asked.

"It's a long story." I replied.

My mother came into the room. Me and Archie stared at her. My mom looked confused.

"I'll wait in the hall." Archie said as he left the room.

My mom then sat in the chair.

"I have some questions. First of all, who was that?" My mom asked.

"He's my science partner." I replied.

"Why'd you ditch school with him? And why did it end up with you almost killing yourself?" She asked.

"We just didn't feel like going to school today. And I almost killed myself because I saw Rose and Suzie. And they said some stuff that happened in the past." I explained.

"Oh mija." My mom said as we hugged. "I'm so sorry."

"It's ok." I said.

"It's not. We'll discuss more later. I have to deal with some of the hospital paperwork." My mom said.

"Ok." I replied.

My mom left. Then Archie came back in the room.

"Hey. What happened with your mom?" Archie asked.

"She asked why I was with you and why I tried to commit suicide. I told her that we just didn't want to go to school today." I explained.

"What did you tell her when she asked why you tried to kill yourself?" Archie asked.

"I saw some old friends that told me something I did in the past." I replied.

"What did you do?" Archie asked.

"I don't want to tell you." I said.

"Ronnie, you can tell me anything." Archie said.

"Can I though?" I asked.

"Yes! No matter what it is you can tell me." Archie replied.

"Fine. But you won't think of me differently?" I said.

"No." Archie said.

"It happened in the eighth grade. A year before I moved to Riverdale. I was the most popular girl in school. It was the first day of spring break and one of my friends, Suzie was throwing a party. I went there with my boyfriend of four months, Nick St. Clair. Who was also Suzie's crush. It was about 11:30 at night and I was going to Suzie's room to get something. Then all of a sudden, I was pulled into another room. The guy turned on the lights and it was Suzie's brother, Luke. He was eighteen. I was going to say something but he just put a finger on my lips and then he kissed me even though I didn't want it." I stopped.

"Oh my god. Ronnie, he didn't..."

"He raped me. I was scared and after he was done, I told him not to tell but he did. Except he changed it." I said.

"What did he change?" Archie asked.

"He said I wanted it. Then people started saying I was a slut since I was dating Nick. Everything came crashing down. Rose and Suzie weren't my friends anymore. Nick broke up with me. My reputation came crashing down because of some stupid rumor." I said. "That's how I got my clinical depression. I started cutting after the rumors started. I stopped when I was seventeen. But then Rose sent a message and I started cutting."

I was full on crying now. Archie sat on the bed and held me.

"I'm sorry if you think of me differently." I said.

"I don't." Archie replied.

Fifteen minutes later, I stopped crying. My mom and the two doctors came into the room.

"Ok. We have some news." The doctor said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"You can leave today. You just need one bandage wrap on each arm. We also want you to see a therapist weekly." The doctor explained.

I nodded my head.

About an hour later, I got the bandage wrap on my arm.

"So I'll see you Monday." I said to Archie.

My mom was in the car waiting for me.

"Yeah. See ya." Archie said.

We started to walk away.

"Hey Ronnie?" Archie asked.

"Yeah?"

"I- um-you know what? I just forgot."

"Oh ok." I said.

Archie started walking and I got into my mom's car.

Hm. I wonder what he was going to say?

---------------
Hope you guys liked the chapter! What did you think Archie was going to say? Also go vote on the last chapter!
Love you guys. ❤️