Someone Knows

Veronica's POV
Winter break was over. I was glad it was over because I did nothing.

I walked into school and immediately Cheryl and Jughead ran over to me. I rolled my eyes. I haven't tried to commit suicide since November. Can they give it a rest?

Archie walked in with Betty. I rolled my eyes. Which Cheryl seemed to notice.

"I know you don't like Betty and Archie together, but it's no reason to roll your eyes." Cheryl said.

"Whatever." I said.

If only you knew. I thought.

"So what class are we ditching today?" Jughead asked as we walked to my locker.

"I'm thinking 4th period language arts." I replied.

"Good. I had a test in that class and I did not study at all." Cheryl responded.

Me and Jughead laughed. Cheryl never studied for a test.

The bell rang and everyone started walking to first period.

"See you guys during 4th period." I said.

"See ya." They both said.

4th period
Third period just ended. I practically ran to my locker. I grabbed my 5th period stuff since I didn't need anything for 4th.

I sent a text to group chat me, Cheryl, and Jughead had.

Me: Where are we meeting?

Cheryl 🍒: Janitor's closet.

Jughead 🐺: Good. I just had library and I did something bad so now Miss Petsch is giving me the death stare.

Me: Well it's a good thing we didn't meet up in the library then.

Me: What janitor's closet are we going to?

Cheryl 🍒: The one by gym class. I'm already there.

Me: Ok.

I walked to the janitor's closet. Everyone was at their 4th period class.

I saw Cheryl and Jughead at the janitor's closet. When I went by them, they immediately opened the door.

We all sat down on the floor. We immediately started talking.

"Can you believe we're already applying to colleges?" Cheryl asked.

"I know. I don't even want to go home because my mom is going to make me apply for a bunch of colleges." I said.

"What college are you girls hoping you get into?" Jughead asked.

"Me and Cheryl are hoping to go to Stanford. Cheryl wants to go there because Josie is going there and I want to go there because it's been my dream college since forever." I replied.

"Can't you just buy your way in? I'm the one who has to be worried. Especially trying to get into NYU." Jughead responded.

"I'm sure you will get in, Jughead. Especially since you have such impressive stuff on your resume like..." Cheryl said.

"Writing." Jughead finished her sentence. "That's it. Nothing impressive."

"I'm sure you'll get in, Jughead." I assured him.

My phone vibrated. I grabbed it from off the floor.

"Who's that?" Cheryl asked.

"Do you have other friends?" Jughead asked, pretending to be hurt.

I laughed. "It's no one. Probably a person with the wrong number."

I looked at my messages.

Unknown: Hello V.

Me: Um, who is this?

Unknown: No one of your concern.

Me: What do you want?

Unknown: Break up with Archie.

Me: What?

Unknown: You know what I texted.

Me: I'm not breaking up with Archie.

Unknown: Look for a message when you get home.

Me: What the fuck?! Lose this number.

Unknown: Never. Later V. -Unknown.

I turned off my phone. Cheryl and Jughead looked at me.

"Who was it?" Jughead asked.

"A guy who slid in my DM's. I reported their account." I replied.

The bell rang. Me, Cheryl, and Jughead ran out of the janitor's closet to get to our next class.

At Veronica's penthouse
I just got home. I said hi to my mom and went into my bedroom.

Unknown told me to find a message. So it would probably be in my bedroom where my mom couldn't see.

I went into my room and saw a note. And a banana costume?

I opened the note.

Wear this banana costume to school tomorrow. You're not going to listen to me, you might as well be embarrassed. -Unknown

I stared at the banana costume in horror. I'll put it on in my car so my mom won't question why I'm wearing a banana costume to school.

I put the costume in my closet and I started my homework.

The next day
I was now in my car. Every student has walked into school. I put the costume on. I stared at myself in horror.

I can't believe I'm doing this. I thought.

I'm glad I brought extra clothes. I put the clothes in my backpack and walked into school.

Cheryl and Jughead were walking over to me. Untill they realize what I'm wearing. They both looked confused.

Everyone was laughing. I then looked at Archie. He was in shock at what I was wearing.

The principal came into the halls. "What is all the commotion?!" He asked, angrily.

He then looked at me. "Miss Lodge, this is not funny. You will have a lunch detention today. Now, go change." He said as he gave me a detention slip.

"Sorry Mr. Sprouse." I said as I went into the girls bathroom to change.

After school
I walked into the library where detention was held. No one else was in there.

"No talking. You can do your homework but silently." Miss Petsch said.

I nodded my head. I took out my homework. Miss Petsch left, probably to do some papers.

My phone then vibrated. I took it out and read the message.

Unknown: Wasn't that hilarious? Just wait till you see your challenge tomorrow.

I turned my phone off and put it back in my backpack.

Who is doing this?!

----------------
Hope you guys liked the chapter! 
Feel free to leave comments especially ones about who you think is blackmailing Veronica!
Love you guys! ❤️