Chapter 1

Marina's P.O.V.

"This way," I told my best friend, Imogen, sitting from the passengers seat.

We were on our way to Omaha, Nebraska, which was only about an hour away since we live in Fremont. We were pretty bored and decided to take a small road trip during our weekend.

After telling Imogen many directions, we passed by a "Welcome to Omaha" sign signalling that we had obviously made it to Omaha.

"We need to go to the gas station before we go anywhere else. I'm running kind of low on gas, and I've heard your stomach growl several times, so we'll get snacks while we're there." Imogen informs me.

"Alright, sounds like a plan." I reply, eyes focused on the city in front of me.

A few minutes later, we arrive at the gas station. I waited for Imogen to finish filling the tank with gas before I went into the store, mostly because I'm not fond of going into stores alone.

When we went in, I went looking for a snack, not even bothering to notice what Imogen was doing. Before I found my snack, I saw an iphone sitting on the counter near the soda fountain. I grabbed it out of curiosity.

"Hey Imogen." I say, loud enough to get her attention.

"Yeah?" She questions, walking up to me.

"Check out this phone." I tell her, showing her what i had found.

"Let me see it," she demands, taking the phone from my hands and pressing the home button.

"WOW! Look at him!!" She gasps and shows me the screen.

The wallpaper was of two guys with two girls, not bad looking guys to be honest. Imogen took a liking towards the shorter, blonde one.

"What do you think about the other guy Marina?" Imogen asks me, pointing to the taller guy with dark brown hair.

"He's pretty hot." I state, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

We take a look at the girls with them. Pretty girls they were.

"Well I assume that's their girlfriends" I sigh.

"Ugh the hot ones are always taken or gay!!" She yells in frustration, without making too much of a scene.

"Should we try calling someone on it? Let them know they lost their phone?" I suggest.

"Yeah let's do that," she says, swiping the 'slide to unlock' part of the phone.

"There's a passcode," she sighs.

"Great," I reply.

After a few minutes of thinking, I come up with a plan.

"We should look around and see if these guys are still here." I suggest, looking around.

"Good idea." She replies.

We look around the whole gas station and were about to look outside, when the phone we found started ringing.

"Um, it says 'jack' is calling." I tell Imogen.

"Answer it!!" She yells at me.

I press the green button and put the phone on speaker, hearing a voice.

"How do you lose your phone!?" the voice, who I assume was Jack, said.

I look at Imogen, who just shrugs.

"Wait someone just answered!!" 'Jack' yelled to his friend.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hi," someone else replied.

"Well this isn't the most awkward phone call in the world." I mumble, earning a small chuckle from whoever was on the other side.

"Why do you have my phone?" The mystery guy asks me.

"Found it on the counter at Shell. Why don't you have your phone?" I ask, sassing him.

"Well, obviously I lost it." He replies.

"How do you lose your phone!?" I ask giggling, repeating what his friend had yelled.

"I've heard that enough today," he sighs.

"Well I'm at the gas station still. You can come by and get it, or I could keep it. Either one works." I tell him.

"I'll be there."

"Okay. I'll be here. Bye." I said and hung up on him.

Imogen looks at me and smiles. "Queen of sass" she giggles.

I roll my eyes. "Wait, which ones phone is this!?" I question, giggling a little too.

"I have no idea!!!" She replies, confused.

"I guess we wait!!"

*Authors Note*

Hi!! We're Maya and Maya! The two of us are very very excited about this fanfic and we promise to update soon because we know what it's like waiting for a fanfic to update!! Chapter 2 is coming very soon!!! :)