Chapter 2

Imogen's POV

About 5 minutes pass and Marina and I are still waiting for Jack and the other guy to show up.

"He said he'd be here. I'm tired of waiting," Marina moans. She never was too patient.

"We don't know how far away they live from here. Give it a few more minutes." I reassure her.

"If I would've known this would take so much time, I would've never picked up the phone." She complains, rolling her eyes.

"But I would've."

"Whatever..... Is that them?" Marina asks, pointing out the window of the gas station.

I turn and look to where she's pointing to see two guys get out of a car. They start heading up to the door.

"Um.. I'm assuming?" I checked the picture on the lock screen again. "Yeah. That's them."

They walk inside and start to look around. I find myself laughing because they have no clue what we look like. "Come on," I motion for Marina to follow me.

We start walking over to them and immediately my eyes land on the one with fluffy blonde hair. His gorgeous eyes meet mine, and he smiles. "That must be them." I hear him say to his friend.

When we reach them, Marina asks, "So which one of you is Jack?"

They exchange a look before laughing. "We both are." The taller one says. "But, that's my phone."

"You're both named Jack?" I ask them, a little unsure as to whether I should believe them or not.

"Yeah. We're best friends." The shorter Jack says.

"Oh cool." Marina tells them, seeming a little bored. She hands them the phone. "Well it was nice meeting you, but we really have to go."

My eyes widen and I glance at her. I didn't want to rush this conversation. Jack was really cute.. Er.. The blonde one.

"Wait." Almost as if he read my mind, he stops us from leaving. "We didn't catch your names."

"Does it matter?" Marina asks them, being her normal self. "I mean, we are probably never going to see each other again."

The tall Jack frowns. "Well.."

"My name's Imogen." I blurt, not giving Jack a chance to get on Marina's bad side. "That's my best friend, Marina. She's just a little impatient right now because we are on a road trip and we have already lost a lot of time that we could've spent on the road."

"Oh. Well I apologize for losing my phone." Jack tells us. "You two didn't have to find it though, since you're in a hurry and everything."

"Excuse me?" Marina starts. "We are doing you a favor and that's all you have to say to us?"

"Marina.." I try to stop her, but she's already made Jack mad too.

"You're the one that had an attitude with us in the first place." He points out.

She frowns. "I already don't like you."

"The feeling's mutual. Good thing 'we are probably never going to see each other again.'" He snaps back, quoting what she said earlier.

Marina narrows her eyes. "Well, you got your phone back, that's all that matters right?" She grabs my arm. "Come on Imogen. We're leaving."

As she starts pulling me over to the door, I look back at the Jacks and mouth an apology. The shorter one shrugs and starts laughing, while the other one looks outraged.