Chapter 3

Marina's POV

"We'll go." Imogen tells the Jack's.

I sigh. This really isn't going too well for me. I'm glad it's going good for Imogen though, because otherwise I wouldn't let them take us out.

"Cool," the shorter Jack says. "Where to?"

"Burger King?" The taller Jack and I suggest at the same time.

I look at him, and he gives me a small, sympathetic smile. I can't help but blush. How awkward.

Imogen glances at me and smiles, and I roll my eyes for the tenth time today.

I watch her go up to the smaller Jack and whisper something in his ear. He nods and smiles.

"Okay let's get in the car," he says.

I instantly get confused when short Jack and Imogen get in the front seats, but then I realize that that's what they were talking about.

"Oh." I whisper before getting into the car.

Tall Jack has the same expression as me, I'm sure. This is gonna be great.

Short Jack starts the car, and him and Imogen immediately get into deep conversation. I can't help but get a little jealous. I wish things like that worked out well for me.

"Seriously?" I groan in frustration after a few minutes.

"What?" Imogen says turning to me.

"You know exactly what! Why are you doing this? What did I do?" I ask.

"What did I do?" The taller jack cuts in, putting his hands up in defense.

"Don't even start." I say, pointing at him.

"Start what? Because last time I checked, you started all of this." It's his turn to point now.

"I started all this?" I yell at him.

"Yeah. You did." He answers back.

"Screw you." I utter, turning towards the window of the car. Nobody else says a word.

It took everything in me not to cry in that moment. This was supposed to be a good weekend. But it was all going wrong.

When we pulled up at Burger King, my mood lightened. Oh how I love Burger King.

After we ordered, we sat down at a booth. Imogen sat by me, thankfully. Then I realized who was in front of me. I look at Imogen and sigh. She just shrugs. Typical.

When our food came I pigged out, like I hadn't ate in days.

Everything was cool until short Jack's phone rang.

"Sorry, I've got to take this," he tells us, standing up and walking outside.

"So Imogen, how's the trip been going for you?" Taller Jack asks her, pretending like I wasn't even there.

"Pretty good, I guess," she replies with a smile and looks at me.

I slump down in my seat. "I wish it were that way for me," I mumble, loud enough that only Imogen might've heard.

But Imogen acted as if she didn't hear me. "Excuse me, I'll be back." She says, standing up. Great. I can't believe she is leaving me alone with him. It was probably her plan all along.

"Listen, I'm sorry for ruining your trip." Jack says to me after Imogen leaves.

"Are you?" I murmur, trying not to meet his eyes.