Chapter Four

Ryou's POV

"Wh- what?" I was completely at a lack of words. Did he honestly say he was going to stay?

Malik rolled his eyes. "So it was all for show." Malik turned around and began to walk away. "Well, I guess I will be on my way then."

"No!" I shouted as I reached for his hand but, as before, my hand went right through his.

Malik turned around and smirked. "Oh don't get your knickers in a twist." I would have scowled at the derogatory term he tried to use while mocking my accent but I was just so glad he was kidding around. It felt so good to be able to have some fun, be able to say anything, do anything. Nothing honestly mattered right now but all interactions with Malik.

I am not entirely sure if it is the lack of human contact talking or if I was being legit but I actually liked having Malik around. Sure he was shrewd, used much vulgar language, and acted like a stud but he made me feel happy. I also truly loved his hair. I really wish I could touch. I bet it is really soft.

I saw a seductive smile grow onto Malik's face and realized I was standing really close to Malik. I knew we couldn't actually touch but it was still a bit of an awkward feeling.

I felt my face heat up and I quickly stepped away and spun to look about face from Malik. After some time, I took a deep breath and I am sure my blush went away. "So," I turned and smiled at Malik. "What do you do for fun here?"

"Ok, dumbass, how long have you been in here, really?" Without waiting for me to answer, Malik continued on. "I normally just walk around. You are the first person I have found so before this I normally walk and think."

"What do you think about?" I asked as I cocked my head to the side. Malik was about to answer, his eye rolling informed me on that, but I quickly interrupted him. "Oh! I think it will be a swell idea if we walk and talk." Without waiting for Malik to respond or really process what I said, I began to walk away from him.

Malik soon jogged up to my side and that feeling of him coming after me was great. I smiled at Malik and he squinted his eyes at me. "You smile a lot," he stated.

"Your tall."

"What?"

"Oh I thought we were naming facts about each other," I said flatly but smiled as I said it.

"Was that a joke?" Malik asked, a hint of surprise showing in his voice.

"Was it funny?" I asked back. Malik cracked a smile and soon began to laugh. It was a deep laugh with a sinister twist within it. If I wasn't so use to hearing other me's evil laugh I would have found this a bit intimidating. However, Malik couldn't hurt me even if he wanted to so I had no fear or intimidation in the slightest.

When Malik finally slowed his laughing down, he cocked his head to the side and seemed to observe me. I looked at his eyes and felt a bit uncomfortable when I saw lust within them. I wonder if he is gay or if the lack of human contact is having him desperate for anyone.

"Let's say both," Malik suddenly said.

"Oh bugger! Did I say that out loud?" I asked. Surprisingly I wasn't embarrassed but more or less disappointed in myself for having failed to keep my thoughts actually to myself.

"What do you like?" I looked up at Malik in confusion for a moment then realized what he was asking. I opened my mouth to answer but closed it again when I realized I have no real idea.

"I don't really know." I giggled afterwards.

"Bullshit."

"No, I truly have no idea. I have never thought about it before. I have focussed on school and...that other person."