Chapter Thirteen

Aw! Ryou wants to play with his psychopath! How cute! Now, if only that's how it worked out.
Melvin: *holding Ryou's legs with his hands, having his body drag as Ryou tried to walk* I'm bored...
Ryou: Come on, Malik! I have to go grocery shopping.
Melvin: Noooooo.... Too boring.
Ryou: Ugh!
Me: *chuckles* Oh they are so cute. Anyways, on to what you guys really came here for.
~~~~~~

Melvin's POV

The fool. He's put so much on the line. All for a pathetic creature such as Marik. Oh how it warms my heart that he could gain a friend. Not. Florence and Marik will both die today. Especially Florence because he reminds me far too much of Ryou. Remembering him was bad enough without Florence constantly reminding me of his appearance.

Florence and I made our way to the top of the blimp, to the duel arena, and took our places. Florence seemed to be a bit annoyed and I saw him mumbling to himself. No doubt talking to Marik. It would seem that Marik took himself from Teá to be in Florence's mind. To "help" him out but I knew it would just make the duel all the easier. Marik was no help to anybody and he never will be.

"Ready to die, Florence?" I asked as my duel disk activated.

"Shut it," Florence snapped as his duel disk activated.

"Well, hope you've made piece with my alter ego, Florence. Since you both will be sent to the Shadow Realm," I said and laughed.

"Not before I send you there first," Florence stated and I noticed his Millennium Ring activating. Soon, him and I were both in the Shadow Realm. It made me laugh even as Florence continued talking. "I'm sure you know how this style of game works. First to zero get taken to the Shadow Realm."

"Oh, Florence. Aren't you cute. You make it seem as if this is going to be a normal duel. You know what? I'll let you go first. Consider it my mercy," I said and gestured for him to go on.

"You got this, Bakura," Marik's voice spoke up and I saw a faded version of the fool appear. "Win my body back and I'll back off on the whole teasing you thing."

"Shut it, Marik," Bakura growled as he pulled out five cards. "You want me to win then you will stay out of this. This doesn't concern just you anymore. So, let's duel, Melvin."

I smirked and pulled out my five cards. "Look who's eager to die. Alright. Let's duel."

Ryou's POV

Duel? What is other me getting into? This is beginning to get ridiculous. He seemed far too serious in all the words he said, not like his normal confident psychotic self. I wonder who this Melvin character was. If he had other me on edge then that must mean this Melvin guy is very intense. Actually, now that I thought about it, it seemed as if this Melvin character was connected to Marik.

It was something I learned from Malik when we were wandering and talking within the Shadow Realm. Apparently the Millennium Items were created in Ancient Egypt and had tremendous powers. Well, about 5,000 years ago, there were some evil spirits that were trapped within the items by the Pharaoh. So, with Malik having the Millennium Rod, he said that he was one of the destined ones to bare the Millennium Rod. (Right and wrong but sure! Go with that, Ryou.) I never told him about my Millennium Ring but, if what Malik told me was true, then I am part of some destiny with other me. And, with other me being able to cast me out and Malik's other self able to cast him to the Shadow Realm, that must mean this Marik character is one of the other people destined to have a Millennium Item.

I wonder which item Marik was destined with. I'll most likely never know, knowing other me. I'll just be trapped in this room for long periods of time, only to come out when he deemed necessary.