Chapter Fifteen

Ugh! My heart! It's so cute!
Melvin: You want a hug?
Me: No, because I know you will just stab me. Wouldn't be the first time. *shows him the scar he gave me on my arm*
Melvin: What? *keeps hands behind his back* I've changed. I swear.
Me: Yeah. Still not happening. Go hug Marik or something.
Melvin: Oh! Perfect. *turns and walks away and I can clearly see the knife he is holding behind his back*
Me: Typical Melvin. Anyways, on to the chapter!
~~~~~~

Melvin's POV

My eyes were wide, my brain was blank, my mouth was wide open in disbelief. I stood, frozen in place, as I watched the figure before me cry and beg me to stop. His soft brown eyes filled with a different life then what I saw within Florence. There was no way. It couldn't be, yet, here he was.

Finally, things clicked. I mentally cursed myself for not seeing it before. Florence looked like Ryou because he, to some extant, was Ryou. My Creampuff...was the chosen barer of the Millennium Ring. That means it was Florence that banished him to the Shadow Realm, then brought him back for only Ra knows why.

That pissed me off even more.

"R- Ryou?" I stammered, still in disbelief at the sight before me. Marik's soul was still chained up besides me, to a nonexistent wall, completely unconscious. When Florence's life points went below 500, I decided to take Marik away. It was the fun new little rule I made. I saw how much Florence seemed to want to protect Marik, so I decided to test to see how he would react if I took Marik away from him. The results were the most joyous thing I have ever experienced. I saw the terror in Florence's eyes and I knew then and there that Marik, the fool that he was, somehow got another to fall for him. A sickening cuteness I wanted to destroy. That was, until Ryou.

"Malik, you have to stop this! You can't take away other me's soul!" Ryou shouted.

What?

"You can't hold Marik's soul hostage! It isn't right!" Ryou cried out, tears still streaming down his face.

How could you care for someone such as Florence, Creampuff? It makes no sense.

I saw him wince in pain and I nearly ran over to him. However, Ryou stopped me. "No!" he shouted. "You touch me and you lose the duel due to disqualification. I can't lose you. Not when I just found you," Ryou said.

My mind began to go into a panic. All the pain I had given Florence was now being dealt by my  Creampuff. Curse the Gods for damning me so. It angered me even more that there was hardly anything left of Ryou. This duel should only be effecting Florence's soul but Ryou must have completely switched with that damn Florence. I couldn't take out Florence now, because it wasn't Florence playing this game anymore. Damn it Ryou.

"Ryou, get back in your soul room," I ordered. "You will be safe in there!"

Ryou gave a sad chuckle and winced once again before he began to speak. "So, your name is really Melvin," he said. This caused me to feel ashamed with myself since I knew where this was going. "And, it looks like you are the spirit within the rod. You weren't cast away, were you? And here I thought we were both telling the truth," Ryou said but it was wholeheartedly.

It still pained me within my chest. I think its my heart. Never realized I really had one.

"No. I mean- I never saw a reason for you to know those useless details," I tried to justify myself. Since, honestly, I never wanted Ryou to know who I really was. "As far as I'm concerned, I am Malik. I may have lied to you about certain details but I never lied about who I am. I'm still the shrewd, sadistic, psychopathic murder you met in the Shadow Realm."