THREE

CHAPTER THREE ______________________"You're cheating!" Naruto accused, crossing his arms with a frown

CHAPTER THREE
______________________
"You're cheating!" Naruto accused, crossing his arms with a frown.

"How do you cheat at tic tac toe?" Hana laughed, holding her pencil up with a goofy grin.

"I don't know, but you did!" He mumbled, crumbling up the napkin in front of them.

"Another bowl, Naruto?" Teuchi asked, stirring the ingredients in front of him as he talked.

"Um.." He opened his frog wallet, only to find no more money in it."Well..."

"Yeah! I'll pay." The blonde woman offered, pushing the kid's bowl forward for a refill.

"Really?" Naruto asked, surprise masking his face.

"Of course! Your training with Kakashi today was really intense. You deserve some of the best." She insisted.

"Wow, thanks!" He shouted ecstatically, smiling as he picked up his chopsticks to eat.

The kunoichi crossed her legs, leaning on her arm while she sang a mindless tune under her breath.

"You sure can sing, huh?" The boy asked with a mouth full of food.

"No talking with your mouth full." She scolded softly, continuing to grin.

"There you go again! Are you sure you don't have kids?" He quizzed.

"Not that I know of.." She trailed off, pretending to think.

He laughed.

"But singing is just a hobby." She answered his previous question with a shrug.

"Kakashi-sensie says that he likes it when you sing." Naruto informed her.

"Oh, yeah?"

He gave her a thumbs up."Yup! He says you sing all the time. And that you wrote a song or something. You sang it at your wedding?"

She blushed a deep shade of red."D-Don't listen to him!"

"So it's true!" He accused."Wow! You really love Kakashi-sensie, huh?"

"Yeah..." She hummed fondly, tapping her fingers on the counter in front of her.

"I wish I had parents like that." He admitted."Your kids are gonna be so lucky, ya know!"

"Thank you." Hana rest her hand on his restless yellow hair, giving him a kind smile.

"Hey, Hana-san?"

"Yes?"

"Why do you come to see me everyday?" Naruto asked, cocking his head to the side in a confused manner.

"I need a reason?" She asked, raising a golden brow.

His ocean blue eyes flickered to his lap."I mean, nobody has ever visited me without one."

"I like talking to you, Naruto. You remind me of someone I used to know." She told him."And you've never had someone next to you as a friend or a comrade or even an ally, yeah? And I want to be those. If you'll let me."

"You want to-to actually know me?" He stammered in disbelief.

"Mhm! I want to get to know Naruto Uzumaki, number one knucklehead of the Leaf Village." She giggled at the title she gave him, causing him to snort.

"Then it's settled! You get to me and I get to know you, okay?"

"It's a promise of a lifetime."