THIRTY SIX

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX______________________

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX
______________________

"HE'S NERVOUS ABOUT YOUR SPEECH AS IT IS!" SAKURA EXCLAIMED AT the yellow-haired man sitting in front of her. She had her hands in fists, pressing them against the nicely decorated table.

"No he's not!" Naruto retorted, glaring intensely at the piece of paper in his own hands. It was blank.

"Katsuo's getting married to the love of his life! Of course he's nervous about the speech. He wanted everything to be perfect. He told me specifically—"

"—I get it, Sakura!" He hissed, nervously dropping the paper on the floor. "I ruined my little brother's big wedding day. Maybe he should have made Sasuke write it!"

"I would've done better than you, loser." Sasuke shrugged.

"Okay, Mr.I'll-Be-Here-For-Katsuo's-Wedding-Day-But-Not-My-Best-Friend's."

"He needed all the support he can get. You were fine."

The trio glanced over at the silver-haired boy, who was laughing at what seemed to be a joke that was whispered into his ear by his significant other. He meant something to each of them. If it meant being a Brother or a Friend, he'd be there. No matter what. He wasn't just those things anymore, though. He was a partner. A lover. A husband. Even though he'd been though hell, he still came through and managed to be the happiest person alive.

Naruto eyes widened in that second. "I know what I'm gonna say."

"No—!"

Sakura was interrupted by her longtime teammate standing up and hitting the tip of his glass lightly with a fork, catching everyone's attention.

"My brother asked me to write a speech for him, being his Best Man and all." The elder sibling began, the drink in his hands swaying slightly. "Honestly, I didn't write anything. I was too nervous to come up with something."

The other guests laughed lightly at his comment.

"But sitting here, watching him get married to the love of his life and be the happiest he's ever been, I realized I didn't need to prepare a speech. I have what's in my heart to guide me." Naruto continued. "And what's in my heart is that he deserves it. He deserves love. He deserves happiness. I never would have thought twenty years ago that I'd be making up a toast for someone, let alone my brother.  He's one of the people that's made my life what I've always dreamed of, courtesy of our Mom and Dad." He paused, earning a few more laughs. Raising his glass, he smiled brightly at his younger sibling. "To Katsuo and Yuu!"

"To Katsuo and Yuu!"

Katsuo flashed him an equally bright smile, raising his own glass towards him. "Thank you." He mouthed.

Naruto nodded at him, sitting back down in his seat.

"Anything for my little brother."

NOTE
KATSUO IS GROWING UP IM CRYINg !
this was originally going to be the ending but i have bigger things planned so stay tuned. updates everyday this week 😌