TWENTY

CHAPTER TWENTY ________________________"Katsuo, you're going to be late!" Hana called out from the living room, sighing as she glanced at the clock next to her

CHAPTER TWENTY
________________________
"Katsuo, you're going to be late!" Hana called out from the living room, sighing as she glanced at the clock next to her.

"I'll be fine." Katsuo assured his mother, running out of his room with a headband holding most of his silver hair back. "Nee-san's real nice about taking care of me!"

"She won't be so nice when she's mad." Kakashi spoke up from the couch, his eyes glued to the mission request in his hands.

The boy's head lifted up at lightning speed, a shiver running down his spine at the thought. "Crap."

"Her punches? Brutal." His father continued. "They even throw me off, and I'm a Jonin."

"Dad, stop." He whined.

Kakashi chuckled, shaking his head.

"You just love to scare him." The blonde laughed, bending down to give her husband a swift kiss on the cheek as she rested a light hand on his shoulder. "Love you. I'll see you for dinner."

"Love you too. Bye."

"Let's go! Sakura-nee-san is gonna murder me!" Katsuo rushed over to the door, grabbing the handle to open it quickly

"I don't think she has anything in her left to murder you." A voice stated, a chuckle following after.

"Nii-san?"

Hana and Kakashi spun around, their eyes widening in surprise. Was this a dream? There stood the yellow-haired boy who wasn't truly a boy anymore. He had grown up.

"I missed you!" Katsuo jumping up to give his brother a tight hug. "You're so much bigger!"

"I missed you too." He grinned, ruffling his hair affectionately. "What are you, twelve?"

"Four, almost five."

"Wow." The Senju blurted out quietly on accident, causing the two who were talking eagerly to turn their heads. She took a few steps forward until she was at the door frame, analyzing the teen in front of her. He had matured so much that it made her want to cry out of happiness. The way his eyes had a new found sparkle caused her to smile largely. She was proud. Proud that he had went and learned. That he was happy. That he was beaming with confidence that she could sense from miles away. She was proud that he had kept his promise. He never changed. Not in a bad way, at least.

"Hey, Mom." Naruto smiled warmly at her.

Tears ran down her cheeks as she pulled him into a hug. To be able to hold him after all this time. Her first son.

"Welcome home, sweetheart."