THIRTY FIVE

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE________________________________

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
________________________________

"I HAVE THE GIFTS!" NARUTO CALLED OUT into his family's home, his eyes roaming over the half-done string of lights hanging on the archway to the living room. They trailed over to the silver-haired man sitting on the couch with his legs crossed, book in hand as always.

KAKASHI HATAKE was never one to decorate. That's what everyone knew. If there were items like Christmas lights hanging around, it was clearly the act of his wife, who absolutely loved to do things like that, and loved to drag him into them even more. "I tried." Were the words that came out of his mouth, his onyx eyes never leaving the page he was on as he spoke to the yellow-haired Hokage.

"Mom's been making you do this for thirty years now and you still don't know how to hang up lights?" Naruto laughed, setting the nicely wrapped boxes down by the tree. They were clearly done by Hinata and Himawari, since the boys couldn't learn how to wrap gifts even if it saved their lives.

"I always get her to help me but she left early to get her gifts from the shop and to avoid me." Kakashi shrugged. "So I'm waiting."

"And she says Katsuo and I are the kids." The man scoffed, crossing his arms. Taking a seat on the couch across his adoptive father, he changed the subject. "By the way, Where are 'Suo and Yuu?"

"They're helping Boruto get his gifts."

"That's not fair! We all know Katsuo gets the best gifts. He can't help someone else win this time."

"I know. All that matter is that he's finally being happy, though." Kakashi hummed, referring to the boy's boyfriend.

"I wanted to talk to you about that, actually." Naruto told him in a slightly serious tone.

Kakashi raised an eyebrow at him.

"I want to release Katsuo from his duties as an Anbu leader."

The silver-haired man's curious expression turned to surprise. "And you need my advice?"

Naruto nodded.

"Well, Lord Third did the same to me." Kakashi began, putting his book down. "And I was miserable. More than normal. The only thing keeping me on my feet those days was Hana. She always encouraged me to keep going, even though I hated what I was doing. And then one day, all my past students came up and thanked me. They told me that I helped them be better. That's when I received you three as my next students. And from then on I felt like that could be it. That's what I wanted to do, was to teach you guys, and go on missions with you guys. I was better."

Naruto smiled at him, leaning back into the red couch beneath him.

"Katsuo is stronger than I ever was. So it doesn't matter if you release him from the Anbu. He won't be like me. He'll be better. He is better"

The youngest in the room nodded at his words.

"Well, both my sons are better, after all."

NOTE
FATHER FIGURE KAKASHI MAKES ME WEAK !!! also I just realized kakashi and hana are the hottest couple don't @ me + katsuo is bisexual so fuck me up with that