the

I woke with the sun shining through the window and this time, I panicked over not having Taehyung in my bed.

How strange.

Getting up so fast I nearly fell back down, I rushed out of the room to see his back facing me as he stood in the kitchen.

"What do you think you're doing?!" I raised my voice without thinking as I walked over to him and he turned around, flour over his shirt and his face covered with cream, sprinkles, random pieces of chocolate chips scattered all over the place.

"M-making pancakes?"

He looked so confused as he answered me and I could only smile at the sight.

"You didn't have to," I spoke, bringing my hands up to wipe away the whipped cream off of his cheek.

"I-I mean I stayed here so I figured I would at least try to do something," he explained and I only furrowed my brows.

"I never said you didn't have my permission to stay here freely as you'd like," I said and he looked out the window.

"I know, I was planning on leaving this morning, but you seem to live in the middle of nowhere so instead of getting lost, I decided to stay."

"Oh."

It took me a moment for his words to settle in before I blurted my reply.

"So you didn't want to stay?"

I blinked at my own words and his eyes widened.

"W-well, I didn't want t-to intrud-"

"AND I DO NOT LIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE!!" I shouted, proving my point as I showed him the sight of the window and how there was life outside.

"I just meant that as I'm not too familiar with the area is all," he gave a small shrug, a shy smile over his lips and something came to mind.

Looking over at the clock I realized the time and I looked back over at him.

"You didn't go to school? You should have asked me last night so I could at least tell you the directions so you didn't have to miss today," I said and he chuckled.

"I'm experiencing a lot of things firsthand with you and I guess missing school is one of them," he smiled at me, his eyes softening and I felt my breathing quicken.

"That's hot."

"W-wh-what?!" He spluttered out, his face red in a second as he stumbled around and I looked at him strangely.

"I meant the pan you bloody moron! What'd you think!?" I turned the stove off to not burn them and he gave me an 'oh' in response.

Flipping the pancakes out of the pan and onto plates, I put them on the table as I eyed Taehyung.

"You know it's not illegal to move without me saying you can," I said and his face turned slightly pink as he hurried to sit down.

"S-sorry," he rubbed the back of his head while I only rolled my eyes.

"Do you want to head to your place?" I brought up and he looked over at me, his mouth full of pancakes as he spoke.

"What? Why?"

My heart raced at his clueless expression, as though we lived together and he had no reason for his home anymore.

"Wouldn't you want to change out of your school uniform?" I raised a brow and he looked down, finally realizing.

His blazer had been thrown onto the chair in my room, his tie off as well. His slacks were entirely wrinkled now from sleeping in them as well as his button down shirt as a few buttons were open.