it

I stepped back, moving out of his arms as the girl came closer to us.

I didn't recognize her, but I saw she had our school uniform on and I realized she was probably a new student.

"She's my-"

"Nothing, I was just leaving," I looked away, seeing how she had made herself comfortable over Taehyung's arm, clutching onto him.

"No, wait!" Taehyung called out to me, but I didn't turn around as I continued to leave.

I heard the girl tell him it was okay and he could always talk to me later, after that, I didn't bother to know what they said or did.

My heart cracked with each step I took, hating the smug look over her face as she took her place beside Taehyung.

Where I had been before, and had taken for granted.

Tears started to flow over again and I made my way back home, only to shower and change clothes, packing a few things that I'd need for school the next day.

»

Shutting my locker, I turned to make my way to my first class, seeing the same girl from last night with Taehyung again.

She was leaning against his locker, waiting for him to finish grabbing his books.

Scoffing, I rolled my eyes and walked into class, only feeling bitter like I had the entire night, unable to sleep.

Again, it was my fault.

I was the one who had leaned on him to the point of where it was now difficult for me to stand on my own.

And even though I had thought that the sickness I felt with him would go away when he wasn't with me, I was wrong as it only got painful.

And without realizing it, I started to let my cold demeanor seep back in, shutting everything out like I had done before.

Especially him.

Kim Taehyung.

»

I walked home, successful in having avoided Taehyung as I found out that the girl was Zira and she was a new student who had changed schools.

I realized I had been gone for over two months when I saw the date again.

Another thing I noted was how weak Taehyung had gotten over that time.

He seemed at his lowest health that I had ever seen before and it ached seeing him like that.

Not like it was my problem anyways.

Scoffing, I hiked my backpack further up my shoulder as I unlocked the door and walked in to set my bag down.

Realizing that even though I didn't have to deal with Taehyung at school, he still had my house key and could come here.

I tossed a few clothes in my bag in a hurry, not needing anymore heartbreak as I shoved my feet back into my shoes.

Right as I zipped the bag, I heard a knock on the door and my eyes went wide.

"I know you're there!"

Taehyung's shout brought tears to my eyes again and my heart stopped.

"Please, let me in! Why are you closing off from me again?"

His broken voice nearly made me open the door until I snapped back to my senses and grabbed my bag instead.

I'm not going to be able to live through heartbreak.