i

I don't know how long I was kept in that room.

Each day would start the same, I'd be kicked awake, beat for three hours, then be given bread and water if they enjoyed my screams of pain.

I didn't know who they were, or why they kept me, but over time, I had become numb to the sting of each brutal hit.

They'd give visits throughout the day, filling my head with ugly thoughts and I could do nothing but listen.

Telling me how Taehyung had found another girl and was with her. That he didn't care about me anymore, not bothering to look for me as he now had someone else. How he was doing better without me and loved another.

I didn't want anything other than his happiness.

Saying one thing over and over again of how I should be grateful they didn't take Taehyung in my place.

And oh how I cried in gratitude.

I wouldn't be able to even imagine if they hurt him, torturing him like they had done with me.

Starved each day, not getting enough water and bleeding until the only thing you saw was red.

I'd give my place for Taehyung's in that kind of lifestyle any day.

The few scars I did have scattered over my body before, I was able to keep hidden, yet now I had so many that I wasn't even able to keep count.

A new day, a new blade, a new area, a new pain.

That was the routine.

I had no way of keeping track of time, there was no window for the sun or moon to show through from, nor was there any clock for tracking time.

I didn't know what the purpose was for keeping me, or what they told me to wait for each day, but I wasn't able to do much about it.

Sat in the same chair with chains binding me to the point of where I bled if I moved too much, I was only left with myself.

The room was kept dark, a single light bulb they'd turn on when they'd come to see me, other than that, entire darkness.

There was pain that I felt, other than the obvious torturing one, an eternal pain I couldn't get over.

Being apart from him.

Kim Taehyung.

I had longed to see him again, even if I couldn't meet him, just seeing him from afar would be alright.

Anything to know he's alright and doing well, even if it's without me.

Maybe we really just aren't meant to be.

Everything coming between us over and over again, yet we were pulled towards each other for some reason.

Why?

"It must be destiny."

"W-what?" I croaked out, my throat dry as the door opened and the light bulb's brightness was directly in my eyes.

"Today's the day, pretty girl. The day you've waited for, let's not waste time now then," the group stepped forward, dressed in all black, masks hiding their faces as I could only hear them.

Not like I could see clearly anyways, the pain weakening my vision.

"Our work here is done once we deliver you to him."

I didn't try asking who he was.

That's the only pronoun they used, that they were doing this for him. He was paying them.