Chapter 24

The day with Greyson was AMAZING! First we toured some of the finest monuments of Rome and then he took me to the best restaurant in the city. To top it off, we went on a little boat tour. If only you could have seen the excitement on my face. Right now, we are just walking around a few of the little shops they have here. "Ooh lets go in here!" It was a little shop filled with jewelry and some clothing items. I saw this outfit and I just had to have it! It was a green top, with black high waist pants.

Not to fancy, not too casual

Not to fancy, not too casual. I walked up to the clerk and waited for him to get off of the phone. ", , we have here. Okay? No. ." I waited patiently, looking around the store. I saw Greyson over by the jewelry section. I walked up behind him and tried to peer over his shoulder. "Whatcha looking at?" He turned around quickly, as if I caught him doing something he shouldn't be doing.

"Ah nothing? Did you find anything you wanted?" I raise an eyebrow on suspicion but shook it off. "Yes, just waiting on the clerk to get off of the phone so I can see what the price is." He nodded. "Why don't you go see what else they have here." I nodded, and went looking around the store more. "What I help you find miss?" I turned and saw the store clerk behind me. "Oh! I was wondering how much this outfit was?" I pointed at the outfit I was looking at earlier. "For you miss, I charge 17 euro." I raise an eyebrow but don't argue. "Sweet, I'll take it." He smiles and takes the outfit off the mannequin. "You should try on first. Make sure it fit." He put the outfit in my hands, and push me towards a dressing room. That clerk and Greyson are acting pretty funny. Maybe it's just me or they're up to something.

Greyson

I eyed the ring again. Alaina almost caught me looking at it. "What I do for you sir? You eye that ring a lot today." I ran my fingers through my hair. "How much for it?" He pulled the ring out of the case, and showed it to me. "That 1000 Euro." I set it down on the counter. Is Alaina worth that much? Of course she is. I wouldn't have it any other way. "I'll take it." He nodded, and put it in a ring box. "Shall I ring with the clothes?" I shook my head. "No, I don't want her to see it yet." He nodded, and handed me the box. I pulled out my card and swiped. I put the box in my pocket as Alaina came out in her regular clothes. "Fits perfectly. I'll take it!" The clerk smiled at her and rang up the total. Alaina tried to pay but I took her wallet out of her hand, and put it in my pocket. "While we are here, you are to not pay for anything."  She huffed and pouted which only made her look cuter. I took her hand in mine and led her out. "Grazie! Come back soon." I nodded in his direction and head in the direction of the hotel.

"So, was there anywhere else you want to check out before we head back?" She shook her head. "No, I want to head back. I'm pretty pooped." I chuckled a bit. It feels like my whole pocket is weighing me down. When am I gonna give it to her? I don't know. What does it even mean? I don't know. I'm not a romantic type of guy but when I saw it I had to get it for her and a bit of money, not that I don't have money. Being a Mafia boss and an entrepreneur has its perks, but anyway, it cost a lot of money, but she's worth it. I don't know exactly what's going on with us, but I know I can't lose her. I only saw her as a sex symbol, but after she left me, I knew in an instant that she meant more to me than that. What man gets attached to his submissive, oh yeah, me. I'm stuck to her like glue.. no matter how hard I pull, I snap back to her. I felt a tap on my forehead. "Grey.." I looked down and into her big hazel eyes. "You zoned out there for a bit. You okay?" I nodded and kissed the top of her head. We continued strolling through the city. I felt like we were being watched. I turned around, and looked behind me. No one was there. My phone rang in my pocket. I pulled it out of my pocket and answered it.

"I'd be careful if I were you Greyson. Wouldn't want that precious slave of yours to go missing now would you. Say your last prayers Vincenzo-Kennmore because soon you won't live another day." The call cut and I was instantly furious. I tightened my fists but only then did I realize I had my hand wrapped around Alaina's waist. "OUCH GREYSON!" I pulled my hand from around her, and inspected her waist. There was a bruise forming. Shit. "Come on, we have to get back to the hotel." I pulled her along with me. The hotel wasn't too far from where we were. Once it was in my clear sight, I pulled Alaina in with me. "Greyson what is going on?"

"I'll explain it upstairs in the room." Once in the hotel, I hurried and got us in the elevator before it closed. "Greyson, you're scaring me." Alaina's face has fear written all over it. I cupped her cheeks. "Everything's going to be okay cariña. I promise." I pressed my lips against hers softly before pulling away.

The elevator stopped on our floor, and we got off quickly. I put in the passcode on the door, and rushed us inside.

"Greyson wha——————."

"We were being watched." Her face had a blank look on it. "That call I got? They are after you and they are willing to kill me to get you." Panic struck her face. "Wh-what?" I moved closer to her. "Alaina, I promise you no one will hurt you. I'll kill anyone before I let them get to you." A tear fell out of her eye. "Oh cara mia, I hate seeing you cry." I wiped her tears away. "I'm scared Greyson." She hugged me close to her small body. "I know, I know. I'm here to protect you with everything I have." I kissed the top of her head and rubbed her back.

"Take a nap. We've been out all day, and you look tired." She nodded sleepily. I knelt down, and unbuckled her shoes and helped her step out of them. I picked her up bridal style, and laid her in the bed. I laid next to her, and held her close to me. I laid my head on top of hers. "Greyson?" I hummed a silent reply. "You've changed... I like you this way." With that being said, she fell asleep.

My pocket felt heavier and heavier with every second that goes by. I pulled the box out of my pocket, and looked at the ring again. Never in a million years have I ever thought I would buy a ring for a woman that wasn't my mother. Yeah, I have changed BIG TIME!

  Authors Note: THIS BOOK IS COMPLETED! UNDERGOING EDITING!

CASEY BINGMON