Chapter 40

ALAINA

Due to my first dress being ruined, I had to wear a different dress which luckily we picked out two dresses. As soon as we got back to the house, everyone started asking questions seeing if we were okay.

"Everything is fine. The wedding is still on." Greyson turned towards me and kissed my head. "Go get ready, I'll meet you up there." I nodded and rushed up the stairs. Amina and Carina helped me get ready and had me in my new dress within 7 minutes. I grabbed my bouquet and checked myself in the mirror. "You look beautiful love. Are you ready this time?" I nodded my head, and walked out of the room. I walked down the stairs and Marco stood there waiting on me. "Ready nuora?" I nodded, and slipped my arm around his. It's weird to be walking down the aisle with my soon to be husbands father instead of my own, but I know it's what he would've wanted. I looked in front of me, and Greyson had a big smile on his face. He handed me off to Greyson, kissing me on the forehead.

Greyson took my hand in his, and wiped a tear away from my eye. "You look beautiful cara mia." We looked up to the minister as he started reciting scriptures. "Greyson, repeat after me." He held his hand up. "Actually, I've just come up with my own vows." He looked me deep in the eye.

"You are my lover and my teacher,
You are my model and my accomplice,
And you are my true counterpart.
I will love you, hold you and honor you,
I will respect you, encourage you and cherish you. In health and sickness, through sorrow and success, for all the days of my life. On this day, I give you my heart, my promise, that I will walk with you, hand in hand, wherever our journey leads us. Living, learning, loving, together. Forever."

Tears streamed down my face. "Alaina?" I wiped my tears away and cleared my throat.

"I take you to be my partner for life,
I promise above all else to live in truth with you
And to communicate fully and fearlessly,
I give you my hand and my heart
As a sanctuary of warmth and peace
And pledge my love, devotion, faith and honor
As I join my life to yours. I believe in you, the person you will grow to be and the couple we will be together. With my whole heart, I take you as my husband, acknowledging and accepting your faults and strengths, as you do mine. I promise to be faithful and supportive and to always make our family's love and happiness my priority. I will be yours in plenty and in want, in sickness and in health, in failure and in triumph. I will dream with you, celebrate with you and walk beside you through whatever our lives may bring. You are my person my love and my life, today and always. I love you." Greyson choked back a sob.

"May we have the rings?" Dmitry stood, and gave the rings to Greyson who ruffled his hair. He stood back up, and placed my ring on my finger.

"I, Greyson Vincenzo-Kennmore, take you, Alaina Spencer to be my wife. To share all that I am and all that I have, for all time to come. 
And I promise to do all in my power to keep my love as deep and as strong as it is today."

I took Greyson's hand in my own and placed the ring on his finger.

"I, Alaina Spencer take you, Greyson Vincenzo-Kennmore to be my husband. Your love is my anchor, your trust is my strength. I will give you all my love from now until eternity ends. You make my life complete."

A tear fell out of Greyson's eye. "By the power vested in me, I know pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride." Greyson cupped my face and pressed his lips against mine. "Ladies and Gentleman I now present to you Mr. and Mrs. Greyson Kennmore." Cheers erupted as we walked down the aisle. I wiped away my tears and hugged Maria and Marco. "Welcome to the family Alaina." She squeezed my hand and let me go. Greyson pulled me toward the house, picking me up and walking me over the threshold. Everyone retreated downstairs to the wedding reception. Greyson held my hands in his. "Alaina Reece Vincenzo-Kennmore. I love the sound of that." I wrapped my arms around his neck. "And I love you Greyson Kennmore." Who would've known that in just a year I'd be married to one of the most ruthless mafia leaders in the world.

I am the Angel to his Devil.
The Ice to his Fire.
The beat to his heart.
The Queen to his King.

And for that, I am forever grateful to have been saved by him.

THE END

 Authors Note: THIS BOOK IS COMPLETED! UNDERGOING EDITING!

CASEY BINGMON