The light

The next morning when I got up James was gone. He had to get up to go to work and so did I.

I got up and woke the kids Helping them get ready.

"Breakfast is ready." I said putting the plates of pancakes out. They came running from the living room and sat at the table.

"Ok guys I'm going to pick you up later today so I need you to be good."

"Oh mommy and James are going to be together all day." Mason said making kissing face. Skylar hit him but stared to laugh.

I noticed that Faith hadn't said anything. She was looking down at her food when I saw her.

"Hey baby what's wrong?" I moved some of her hair out of her face making her look up at me.

"I just don't know about James mommy. I don't think he's good for you."

Faith has always been skeptical about James. She has not really wormed up to him like the twins did. I always thought she would. He's always been good to her.

"I promise you that he is. Once you get to know him better you will like him." I smiled but all she did was look back down at her food.

When the kids were done ratting I took them to the babysitters and went to work.

The rest of the away went fast. I got done work and ran home to get changed into a bathing suit before running back out.
I texted James and told him I would meet him at the beach. I wanted to get there early so that I could get a good spot.

I put my towel down and sat on it. Looking out to the ocean I smiled.

Everything was different. The kids were safe. I had a good relationship, a good job. Still it felt like I was missing something. Like something wasn't right.

"Hey you ready to go surfing!" I jumped when I heard James's voice making me turn to him.

I smiled up at him. "Heck Yeah" I got up and took the board from his hands and ran off to the ocean.

The water was cooled but nothing I couldn't handle. The ocean felt good on my skin. I let my hand float on the top of the water. A good wave was coming and I had to get it. I pushed off the ground and started to paddle out into the water.

I saw the big wave forming so I turned around and waited till it got closer to start paddling back. When the wave got right under me I pushed off the board and stood up holding my arms out for balance.

When I got close to the shore I jumped off the board with a big smile.

"If I didn't know better I would think that you've done that before?" James said as I was walking up to him.

"Yeah when I was a little kid I would surf every summer. I haven't done it in forever."

"Well then let's get out there and see what you got. He grabbed my hand and pulled me out.

We spent the next two hours surfing and laughing. It was fun. I loved the feeling I got when I was surfing. I missed it.

James and I both had to go home so we said goodbye and went to our cars.

I went to open the car but someone slammed it shut. I threw my elbow back and went to kick the person but they grabbed my leg pushing me into the car.

"Did you miss me?"

I looked up into the eyes of the man that I once knew. They were so much colder now. They looked as if they had no light in them to make them shine.

"Noah" I whispered looking at him still not believing that he had found me. This can't be real. No this isn't.

I pushed on his chest to get him to move away.

"GET AWAY" I screamed letting a tear fall out. I was done now. He found me and I don't know what he wanted.

I went to slap him but he grabbed my arm. I looked at him and felt his other hand go up to my cheek as he wiped away the tear.

"Don't make this hard on me."

What did that mean?

I was man now. I hand to get to the kids and had to get out of here. I'm not  letting him do this to me again.

I tried to push him again but he held me pulling something out of his pocket. When I saw the cloth I started to scream but he put it to my face fast.

The last thing I saw were his cold eyes that looked so sad to me.