Panic! At The High School Chalter 10

Copeland was over to help me get ready for my date with Patrick. We were hovering over my bed and inspecting the clothes laid on it.

There was a plain black dress that went to my knees, a red skirt with a navy top, and a conservative pink dress that I wore to church sometimes.

"He said dress nicely." I almost whispered.

Copeland came out of her 'deep thought' position and looked at me.

"They all look a bit... Blah."

I laughed.

"Blah? Okay! Go look in my closet and see if you can do any better!"

"Fine!" She yelled in faux anger. She winked and glided towards the other side of my room.

I went down stairs to grab us some water bottles when I heard a loud squeal.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU SHOW ME THIS?!" Copeland screamed from my room.

I jogged upstairs and understood.

It was the dress.

The red dress that I bought, but never wore. It was a dress that hugged me in all the right places, but I could never find the right place to wear it. It was truly beautiful but I never thought its's first outing would be with Patrick.

I tried it on and knew I was wearing it. I protested, but I felt like I was arguing with not only Copeland, but myself. I wanted to wear it, and it was going to happen.

-

Patrick's POV:

"I can't do this!" I yelled, frustrated.

My tie is NOT cooperating with me. I've tied it about 83 million times, 83 million ways, but it won't sit evenly and I think I'm going to explode.

"It's okay. Let me do it." Pete says, in his calming voice.

Both of his hands were on my tie when the phone rang.

It read: BRENDON URIE CALLING

Oh, great.

"Hello?" I said, trying to sound cheery.

"Hey Pat!" I grimaced at the nickname.

"What's up Brendon?"

"You're going out with Claire in a bit, right?"

So he had heard.

"Yeah. Why?"

"I just wanted to tell you that she is a great girl."

Brendon's voice was a bit quieter now.

"I know she's a great girl, Brendon."

"Just-" there was a pause and he took an audibly loud breath. "Don't hurt her."

"I won't."

"Good. Okay. Bye."

After that, I threw the phone on my bed.

"Who was it?" Pete asks.

"Urie."

"Ugh. That loser? I'm so tired of talking to him just because he has a crush on Claire." Pete whined.

I felt the same way.

"It's okay. Once I can sweep Claire off her little feet, we'll find a way to get rid of him. I just need Claire to get us a record deal. She has the voice of an angel. If we can get her to join the band, we'll be famous."

"I hope that time comes soon." Pete says.

Me too pal, me too.

--

Brendon POV:

After the call with Patrick I set my phone down. I was messing with my bed sheets until I heard my name a few seconds later, but it was coming from my phone.

"Urie."

I continued to listen for another few seconds before a heard Pete's voice.

"Ugh. That loser? I'm so tired of talking to him just because he has a crush on Claire."

What? I thought we were friends.

I really wanted to say something, but then I stopped because Patrick was talking about Claire.

"It's okay. Once I can sweep Claire off her little feet, we'll find a way to get rid of him. I just need Claire to get us a record deal. She has the voice of an angel. If we can get her to join the band, we'll be famous."

Oh my god. I need to stop this.

I hung up on Patrick and dialed Claire's number as quickly as I could.

The phone rang a few times before Claire's beautiful voice came on and said,

"Hey! Sorry I can't make it to the phone right now! Leave a message."

Claire, pick up!

I tried a few more times before giving up. She was probably already gone, and falling for Patrick's evil scheme.

--

Claire POV:

I was wearing the dress and ready to go. Patrick's sleek black car pulled up in front of my house and Copeland squealed again.

"Time to go, missy!" Copeland sang.

"Okay, okay!"

I walked down stairs and knew Cope was watching me from the window in my room.

Patrick was leaning on his car when I opened the door. Once he saw me, he started walking, and I did the same.

"Claire, you look stunning." He said, as he pulled me into his embrace.

"You as well." I said sweetly.

I finally took a good look at him. He was wearing black pants and a navy dress shirt with a white tie and black jacket. He really did look stunning.

"Ready to go?" Patrick said.

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise."

{{vote and comment if you enjoyed}}