Chapter 7

I am lead into a conference room and told to sit in a specific chair. With a sigh I sit down, not even bothering to take in my surroundings because I really just don't care anymore.

Just kidding. I do. I do care. I'm scared out of my mind about what is going to happen to me. I have a giant gaping hole in my heart and I don't know if I will ever be ok again.

The door opens and I stay staring at my hands.

"Hello!" A lady's voice calls to me in a peppy tone. I roll my eyes and turn to face her, without saying a word.

"So we found you a lawyer and did some research last night." She plops down in the chair in front of me and starts opening her briefcase, taking out Manila envelopes and stacking them.

I finally look into her eyes and her expression changes. I let out a breath, "I don't want your sympathy." I quietly tell her. She nods in understanding, "Ok. I get it. Your lawyer will be with us in a few moments." I nod my head and we sit in silence.

The ringing in my ears overwhelms my thoughts and I let my vision go fuzzy as I zone out. I hear the door click and open, "Hello." He says as he shuts the door behind him, "My name is Jack from Bellen Law Firm. I helped write the will of your parents." He sits down next to the lady and smiles at her. I watch emotionless as he opens the top folder, handing out multiple sheets of paper.

I pick them up and filed the papers, making them even. I started reading the first page, not really understanding anything because it was so formal.

"So. We have located your parents will." The man states. I roll my eyes, "Clearly. Can we just finish this?" I huff.

I'm so over everything.

He shuffles his papers awkwardly, "Well if you turn to the second page, they left you under the custody of your god parents."

"My god parents?" I ask. What? Since when did I have god parents?

"Yes. Debora and Joshua Hoyer." He purses his lips.

"We have already contacted them." The woman smiles, "They should be arriving today."

Questions began running through my head but I push them into the back of my mind.

"Ok." I say quietly putting the papers down. I bring my knees back up to my chest and rest my chin on them.

They make awkward glances at each other, clearing their throats and shuffling papers. I sigh again, this time out of frustration. I hate the way people are acting around me right now. It's like they see me as a bomb and they are so cautious. I'm not just going to explode. I just want things to be normal again.

"Uhm- So we still have more to talk about." He cautiously tells me. I just look at him, resting my head on the back of the chair.

"When you come of age, the house and everything in it is yours. No one will touch it until then. Er- you won't have to worry about mortgage. It says here they've already paid it off." He scans over his sheet. He rambles on but I tune him out, focusing on the ache in heart. There's no words to describe it. It's just.. an ache. An empty hole full of void emotions. Bleeding pain that I have no intention of patching up at the moment.

"..Cremate the bodies?" I hear the last of his sentence and realize someone else is in the room. My mouth goes dry, "Uhm.. C-cremate?" My hands start to shake. I don't know. I don't know.

"Just.. Uhm-" My voice falters as I try to hold back tears. I look up and breathe, "Can we just wait for those.." I take another breath and feel the tears back away, "Those people- my godparents to come. I can't do this right now."

With that I stand up, taking the papers with me and leave the room. Scared out of my mind about what is going to happen to me.

--------

A/N

Hiii!! Sorry for not updating! I'm having some major writers block atm. So I'm just going to skip a few parts because I really want her to meet Luke! I have some super cute ideas and I just need to get it started! I realized that writing is actually easier said than done so please don't hate on me for not updating fast enough ok? I mean it would help if I knew people were actually reading this. Anywhooo.

Hope you are liking it so far!

Please vote and comment! I want to know what you guys think!