Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Somewhere between the thirty-five vanilla cherry Hansen sodas and two pizzas, the music changed from country to pop to rock to soft grunge to pop again and the conversation topics ranged from everything like the spring musical to the way penises look. The windows were wide open and our laughter fills the house.

"You know what?!" I huffed, "I thought the nerd in Breakfast Club was actually attractive!" I retorted, taking a sip of my soda. I am on a sugar high and not coming down anytime soon.

"Yeah, I know Jasey. You obsessed with him for about a week!" Mallory teased me and I scoff, "So?! Is that an issue Mallory?" I tease back.

"No way. You're not crazy at all!" She laughs and I roll my eyes, "Only you know about that. So I'm not totally crazy." The microwave beeps and I jump up from the floor to get the popcorn.

"What's crazy, Mallory, is your thing for Asian guys!" I crack up laughing and she feigns being hurt, "Jase! We both know Ryan Higa is hot!"

"Not as hot as Mikey Bolts. That boy is.." I let out a whistle as I pour the hot popcorn into a bowl and join my friend on the blanket covered floor. She throws popcorn at me, "Didn't you obsess about him for a while too?" She laughs and I throw a handful at her, "You know what?! Just eat your frickin' popcorn!" We throw the popcorn around, making a mess all over the carpet.

"You know what sounds good right now?" Mallory asks, eating some popcorn off the floor.

"Monsters and pop rocks?" I wiggle my eyebrows and we laugh, "No! But that does sound good. I was actually going to say sushi.."

"Yaass!" I look up and raise the roof. She stands up, "Let's go! We can even get pop rocks and monsters."

"Deal!" I reply, pulling on my UCDavis sweatshirt, my previous worries still nagging in the back of my mind.