Scars

It's a dangerous game to play... She said
What is they asked
Love she replied
••••••••••••••••••
Rayeleigh
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I don't know whenever to miss him or shout I'm free! I'm stronger with my blood not missing. I miss the pain and the sting of his fangs the chaos of his destruction. Everything after the first time was almost bliss and joy the joy that I had him. I must sound insane but it was the knowledge that he was the one causing the strange feeling overpowered my senses.

I know that I'll always belong to him in some way or another. The single scar that decorates my neck proves that very well. Scars prove something actually happened. They're the strangest part of ourselves I think we tell stories with them. We're either ashamed or proud of them. Crashed a dirt bike? There's the scar on your arm to prove it. Got stabbed by a leprechaun looking man? There's the knife sized scar on your thigh. Fell off a trampoline? There's the scar on your hip to prove it.

His bite will always be my most treasured one. That scar tells an important part in my story, that scar which led to my awakening has a better witch. I'm snapped from my snaps when a small child approaches me.

The child is a little girl probably 3 or 4 her hair is full of snags and twigs. She wears a tattered Hannah Montana shirt that is a size to small and leggings that are way too big. "Miss-Miss," she stutters "can-can I-I h-h-have something to eat?" The little girl trembles with fear.

"What's your name?" I ask the girl kneeling down to her level.

"I-I-I don't have one."

"Well that just won't do... Where's your Mommy and Daddy?"

She shakes her head her light blues fill with tears.

"Can I give you a name? Everyone deserves a name." The small girl nods. "How about... Ryeleigh (Rye has a nickname) Ryeleigh ? It's kinda like my name Rayeleigh."

"I like it!" The girl says excitedly
I don't know where she came from I had just been standing outside the bus.

"Can I brush your hair love? And get you some new clothes?"

"P-p-please?"

"Of course!" I conjured up a matte black hair brush and slowly began to untangle the knots. Poor girl looked starved where had she come from?  Upon finishing her hair I made a pair of clothes with my magic and gave them too her.

"Do you want to come home with me Rye?" I ask the small unhealthy looking girl. " We can get some food and you can meet a really good friend of mine?"

The girl nodded leaning into my arms I stood from the bus steps has she leaned her head against my chest. Maybe I could adopt her? I'd call her Ryeleigh Easton Quinzel she'd be my daughter and I'd protect her. . .

••••••
So Raye might adopt the child maybe?
Word count: 500