The Reapers

If I were god just for a day I would be guilty of letting the whole world slip away.
• • •
They used to burn us back in the 60's Witchcraft wasnt just frowned upon it was a crime punishable by death.
Witches a product of Satan and lustful sins, we deserved death.
They burned us in front of mass crowds laughing at our pain.
They enjoyed the scent of our burning flesh, the crackling sounds of tortured muffled screams.
The townspeople joined around the towns centre to watch, they were given bliss by our suffrage.
Sometimes during the blood moon a powerful child would be born, this child meant death. Bad omens would surround the child starting with the death of the parents.
The children were born of two powerful witches one with bloodlines of the original supreme. The supreme originated from the Salem witch trials.
They never survived past one year for the church knew of its power. Few of these children however did survive into what is known has the grim reaper.

Grim • Rea•per
(Noun)
"For thousands of years, various cultures have had figures to represent death. One of the most common and enduring of these is the Grim Reaper—usually a skeletal figure, who is often shrouded in a dark, hooded robe and carrying a scythe to "reap" souls."