10 years later...

It was October 30th and a mother and daughter, around the age of six or seven, walked into a supply shop. It was the day before Halloween so the shop had a lot of decorations. Spiders, masks, costumes, etc. The little girl looked at the Halloween props that were on a little shelf underneath the costumes. What really caught her eye, was a jack in the box. It had creepy clowns on the side, which creeped her out a little bit, but she thought it would be a good thing to use to scare her brother. "Mommy, mommy can we buy this, please?" The mother replied, "Oh honey, we've got plenty of spooky things at home." The daughter begged, "Pretty please?" The mother sighed, "Oh alright then." The little girl jumped up and down in excitement. Once they had bought everything they needed, they started to make their way home. "I wonder what's gonna pop out of this box," said the little girl. "We can find out when we get home," replied the mother. The girl looked as she held a tag, "Oh there's something written on this taggy thing." The tag read, 'Your entire life will change with your new friend, Laughing Jack.' The little girl was excited, "I can't wait until we open it." The mother replied, "I wonder how our life will change with this jack in the box." Little did they know what was waiting for them.