Chapter 17: Crying Shoulders

Hello lovelies! Please please please comment, vote, and share Fatal Fascinations if you are enjoying it so far. Your comments and votes mean a lot to me and keep me going :)
Who's POV do you want to see more of? Who do you want to end up with who? Did you catch the snakes yet?

Annalina's POV:

After spending the majority of the day in the library, I left a stack of books waiting casually on my window seat. I wandered the castle, waiting to run into someone I knew.

I didn't know where my room was or where I was going. And I was still exhausted. My eyes burned from reading so long without interruption.

"Lina," Roland's voice echoed down the hallway.

He had changed clothes and was wearing casual jeans and a gray t-shirt. His chesnut hair was damp from a recent shower, and I could see the faintest line of stubble on his chin.

Strolling up to me he smiled.

"I see you found the library," he observed. "That's where I was heading."

"Yeah, Luca showed me it," I told him, hugging a small blue book to my chest.

I probably smell and look disgusting. I haven't gotten a shower yet and I barely slept.

Why do you care what the Crown Prince of the Mercari thinks of you?

Roland's smile faltered for a split second at my words.

"So Lina," he continued. I really should ask him to stop calling me that.

"Can we talk for a bit? Or are you busy?"

I opened my mouth to respond and explain that I needed a shower and some sleep, but I was interrupted by the sound of feet pattering on the floor.

Up the stairs came a little boy of about three or four, his head full of light brown curls.

Rushing over to Roland, he jumped, latching onto his leg. A large smile spread across Roland's face.

"Daddy!" The little boy shouted.

Alex:

I wanted to find Luca. I wanted to explain that Caspian and I, we were nothing. It was training.

Stupid Alex, he doesn't care. I shuffled behind the tall gangly guard who was told to escort me to my room.

"Alex!" Rose's voice surprised me, but my body was too exhausted to jump.

"Hey, gorgeous," Rose greeted, running up to me.

Her hair was soaking wet and shiny. Her t-shirt and shorts suggested I wasn't the only one ready for bed. The time difference, combined with the traveling, and the massive shocks and reveals over the previous days made me want to sleep for a year.

"Hey, Ro," I sighed. "Man do I have some things to tell you."

"Me toooooo," Rose dragged out, hooking one arm through mine. "I love the vampire world. I wish I could be a vampire."

A loud "humph" from behind us had both Rose and I turning around. There, surrounded by several guards dressed in red was Susana Acari.