Thank God! The Forsaken Does't Have A New Member!

Jason

I followed Clary out of the alley and into the bright city lights of New York.

"So what exactly do Shadowhunters do?" I ask. Clary turns around and looks at me plainly.

"Can you shut up for 5 seconds? Damn.." Clary says. She turns back around and starts walking faster than before.

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

"No, I can't." I say.

"Ok." She says, and then she produces a pen-like rod from her belt and puts the tip to my skin. "This will hurt."

Clary glides the rod on my arm and I feel burning pain in my arm. "Ahh!" I cry.

"Hey, I was right! You are a Shadowhunter! High five!" She says.

"What would happen if I wasn't a Shadowhunter?" I ask.

"You would die or become a Forsaken. The thing I drew on you has no effect, but in a few minutes, I will draw a silencing Rune on you. A Rune is the thing I drew on you. Runes are marks of the Angel. I have a power of creating new Runes, that power is something only Angels can do. Shadowhunters primarily hunt demons, such as Ravener Demons, Forsaken, which is a human who had a Rune placed on them, and Greater Demons. The ones that attacked you were Greater Demons. Shadowhunters have Angel blood in them, but they aren't exactly Angels. Also, Shadowhunters are called Nephilim. You need to come with me. We are going to the New York Institute. Hurry up." She explains.

I just stand there, my mouth open.

"Are you fucking kidding me? You think I would believe you?" I say.

"I didn't think you would. So now I am going to put that silencing Rune on you. Anything you want to say before I do?"

"Well no, bu-"

Clary started drawing the 'silencing Rune' on me. I smiled, knowing it was fake. But when I opened my mouth, no sound came. My smirk disappeared and Clary's came into view. Damn, she has a sexy smirk. I blink a few times, heat coming to my face as I realise what I was thinking.