Sequelshipping

Not gonna lie, Hyuu is one of my absolute favorite game characters in the Pokemon universe.

Also, I'm thinking of doing a sequel from Mei's point of view to give the full picture. If you think you'd like to see that let me know and I'll start working on it.

This oneshot was requested by Grace_Everdeen

Hope you all enjoy!

The sound of knocking echoes into the crisp evening air. Hyuu tugged on his gloves, adjusting them, before knocking on the door again. An older woman appeared in the doorway, her motherly appearance familiar for the boy.

"Oh, Hyuu! Come on in!" she opened up the door and let him in, "Sorry about that, I should've unlocked the door." she closed the door behind him and the warm, comforting air rushed over the blue haired boy.

"Thanks, it's fine." the younger male said setting his things by the door and taking of his shoes. A beautiful smell washed over him too, the smell of home cooking.

"Smells good. What's cooking?" he asked, and it obviously struck something within her, because she immediately straightened up and ran for the kitchen. Hyuu peered his head in.

There were several pots and pans. Sometimes when he came over there were extravagant meals made, for no particular reason, but it had become sort of a normalcy at this point.

When she was done checking on her dinner, she turned back to Hyuu, "I've gotta keep an eye on this, I called you over to ask if you could help out Mei while I do this." she smiled at him.

"Of course." he replied, making his way down the hallway. Everything about this house was soothing, the sights, smells, and sounds all too familiar to him, almost like a second home.

His fingers traced along the walls, so many memories flowing through him. Some happy, some sad, but all his.

He stopped in front of the last room in the hall. He knocked quietly, just in case Mei was changing or something like that. When he heard a mumbled "come in" he opened the door, closing it behind him.

Mei was sitting in front of the mirror in her room, leaned forward, trying to apply eye liner. When Hyuu got closer, he could see that she had the cap in her mouth and he tried not to laugh.

Hyuu sat down on her bed and looked around the room. Her room was colored a brilliant pink, but not one that elicited the vibe of a small child yearning to be a princess like his sisters room did. When he looked at Mei's room consisting of various hues and shades of pink, he saw the determination and confidence that he saw in the girl herself. It was a more powerful pink of passion and pride. And that's how it had always been. How he had always seen it.

"So what's up? You got a date?" Hyuu asked, picking up a book on the shelf near her bed. He had read all of the books in here numerous times, but he thumbed through it anyway.

"Yeah, his names Tetsu." she replied, beginning to work on her mascara.

"Is he cool?" Hyuu laid back on her bed, holding the book above him. He had felt a tinge of pain in his chest when the girl had told him that it was, in fact, a date, but he pushed that feeling down as he kept up the conversation.

"Yeah, a while ago I picked up his Xtransceiver, so I kept in touch with him while I was trying to get it back to him. Turns out he's an idol and an actor. He's really nice." she explained.

Hyuu inwardly scoffed, it was almost like a story out of a fairy tale. The name almost sounded familiar, like he had maybe heard it. He wasn't sure though.