CHAPTER 23

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE COMMENTS!! I READ ALL OF IT AND I APPRECIATE EACH OF MY READERS! I LOVE YOU GUYS! (:

STELLA'S P.O.V.

"I heard, she is quite a crybaby. It's a shame that we have to train with a woman."

I could hear them say as I marched through the crowd. It didn't trouble me even an ounce. It was my fault to liberate my weakness despite knowing the consequences. Belittling was expected.

I carried my bow and arrows on my right side. My left hand was on the grip of my sword that was fastened downward to my hip. I was totally equipped, ready to face any challenge. My hair was tied on a back neatly and my boots were tightly laced.

"Your Highness, how would you like to practice today?" asked the captain.

I quietly looked at him as I dropped my bow and arrows on the ground. I was ready for the combat practice. I had come so far and I wasn't ready to let go of my achievement. Their thoughts were futile compared to what I had aimed for. I unfasten the scabbard from my hip and placed it next to the arrows. My hand had no gloves on. They were numb due to the cold. But I care less about it. My body would be overwhelmed with hot sweat after the practice.

"Alright, your highness. Whatever you desire for," he said, letting go of his glaive.

Captain Lucas was a very young man at his mid-twenties. His title wasn't the only great thing about him. He was a skilled gentleman. As per the rumor, he owned his title by his own aptitude. Despite his father's strong involvement in the Water Kingdom's politics, he chose the path of the soldier.

Really, his dedication was truly admirable.

I eagerly tried to position myself, clenching my hands into fists. I scanned his movement as he walked around. But he didn't start anything. Instead, he said,

"Your Highness, weapons are made to defense the weaker-self. You already know it that no practice will match you with my ability. However, this practice won't go in vain. While you learn to use the weapon, a little of defense-ability is necessary so that you can pull the close combat."

I nodded my head, allowing him to speak further.

"You have to promise me that you will go through the same training as I go through every day. You have already started the basic training. Therefore, we can go further starting this point." He said as he stretched his body.

"Yes, Captain Lucas. I am aware of your concerns." I replied as I copied him.

"Alright, position yourself," he said, following his words into action.

I straighten my body, my eyes straight on the Caption Lucas.

"Put some energy in your arms and legs," he shouted as he examined my defensive position. I did as he said; tried to strengthen my legs and arms. I thought I was doing good.

Suddenly, he slapped on my arms and then on my thighs. It was enough to break into my defense.

"See, you are still not ready." He screamed.

His teaching method was like of Erwin. His voice was enough to scare you.

I struggle to maintain the satisfactory position. He kept on rejecting until I was exhausted. I was almost out of breath but he didn't stop giving that hard blows on my arms and legs. Not to mention, those part where he struck were throbbing.

I loosen my hands as I got tired, trying to ask for the break. But he suddenly pushed me as if he was targeting my fresh wound. I found myself on the ground, my hands clenching on my chest out of pain. I tried to conceal my painful expression, but I couldn't. It hurt more than I could sustain.

The captain wasn't aware of it. He didn't know I was wounded. Therefore, he was treating me like any other soldier.

"Are you done with this simple push?" He said, creasing his eyebrows.

"No," I replied painfully.

At the moment, I could hear the soldiers whisper.

"She shouldn't have considered it as a playground. Good thing that she learned her lesson."

"Yeah, I am glad. I hope caption would ban her from the field."

I looked down out of humiliation. It wasn't supposed to turn out like this. I had failed myself. I tried to get up while my left hand was still on my chest.

"Princess, you may leave the ground." The captain said in the disappointed voice.

I looked right at his eyes, trying to fathom those pitiful eyes.

"I thought you were more than those soldiers," I responded, my voice still shuddering. I planted myself on the ground and matched my shoulders with others.

"I haven't given up yet, Captain." I put forth my words.

"And your action doesn't match with your words. You said I am a lot weaker than you but expect the same level of energy. Don't give me that disappointed look. I am the one who should be disappointed here." I added.

I moved my legs and passed through him, brushing off his arms. As what I said, Captain Lucas had disappointed me. I had expected a rational judgment from him. He failed to prove it.

I was still quivering with pain. My wound had opened again and I could feel the blood traveling underneath those heavily armored clothes. I felt it running through my skin silently. I walked through the field, as the soldiers made a way for me. My head was already spinning when I walked past the field. I couldn't think of anything neither I was in a condition to be sad. I just swayed here and there, trying to reach my bedroom. But then, he was standing at the end of the field. I could tell, he was observing the whole thing. He had a very gloomy expression.

"What? Are you disappointed too?" I chuckled and walked past him.

"You should take care of yourself. Stop acting so frivolously." He said and outran me through the hallway.

"It's not your problem," I said, as I walked toward the other direction.