Chapter 27

Stella's P.O.V.

It was such an ungrateful starry night. Though unwelcomed, the moonlight invaded through the window. Cold breeze was its accomplice. The numbing silence wasn't less unbearable.

I laid in the bed; unresponsive to the crippling pain and unresponsive to the yearning. My heart knew what I want and so did my mind. Despite that I remained unfazed to the decision I made.

I am to stay here, and I will stay here. I won't make the same mistake. Following him to this castle was a big mistake and I definitely don't want to make a bigger one. I said to myself and closed my eyes.

It was never easy to fall asleep. It wasn't impossible either. I knew sleep would take over ultimately; sooner or later I would be lost in my deep slumber.

NEXT MORNING...

"Your highness," I could hear Captain Lucas's deep voice from behind the door.

I remained silent and tightened my shoes. I went around my bed and picked up my sword. At the same time, I heard a swift knock and the door opened. I stood still, holding back my words.

"Oh," He said, suppressing his surprised expression.

I could read his thoughts just by looking at his face. Ahh, she is still here. His expression explained it all.

I preferred to stay quiet about it. Rather, I evaded the whole topic and laughed, "You got no patience, Captain Lucas."

He eluded my stare and turned around.

"We should get going."

HIs bitter expression wasn't worthy enough to distract myself.

"Aye, Captain." I responded.

In the field....

"You sure, you alright?" Captain Lucas lent me his hand

"Yes, I am." I said. I slapped his hand away and crawled toward my sword.

Captain Lucas stayed quiet. I could feel his gaze, moving along with me. Then I felt him move toward me and again, he extended his hands.

I again slapped his hand away and shoved my sword in the ground. I steady myself with its help and stood in front of him.

"I would love to take your help. But nobody is going me lend me his hand in the battle field, will they?" I smirked at him.

I was totally beaten. I could barely be on my feet. My body was swaying in the air. But I felt like it wasn't enough to stop me.

"Don't tell me," Captain Lucas looked at me, his eyes never looked this big and round.

"You plan to join the filed, don't you? This isn't just a self-defense, right?" He asked. He still had the same expression.

"Who knows?" I chuckled.

Evening...

We were done with wrapping things. It was my duty to clean up after our training. I had agreed to do it. It was the pay back for my recruit. Therefore, everyone had left except for captain Lucas. If it were a training at the regular time, he would have left too.

Erwin left today. He went back to claim his dream, the throne. I couldn't ask him about the journey neither he thought I was worthy to talk about. After all, I couldn't fit in his big dream.

"You should stop pitying people," I said, picking up the arrows.

"I am just helping." He said, snatching away the arrows from my hand.

I looked at him in disbelief. He was worst at pretending tough. As always, I wished not to continue further. We remained quiet and picked up the remains. When we were done, I pulled down my sleeves and tied the scabbard on my waist. I picked up my bows and arrows. Then, I quietly walked back.

I could hear Captain Lucas's footsteps. He sure could stay quiet. I was more than thankful that he wasn't prying on my feelings. However, the person I knew wasn't a quiet one. He could talk for hours if he got a chance to.

"Your Highness," He finally mumbled.

I ignored him and walked with a greater pace than before.

"Your Highness," He called again, this time loud and clear.

"What is it?" I answered, feeling irritated. I saw what was coming and I hated to listen any part of it.

"You shouldn't force yourself too much. If you get stress mentally and physically, you might collapse." He said.

I turned around. Though darkness was all I could perceive, I narrowed my eyes and made a bitter face. I wanted it to be the last time. I didn't want him to talk about it ever again.

"Your Highness," He spoke again.

"Why didn't you follow him back?"

I sighed at his insensitive question. If I remain quiet, he would shower me yet another question. So, I replied.

"It wasn't worth it."

"Everyone knows you two are in love." He added, "So why not?"

I couldn't be amazed than this. How can a person be so cruel? I held back my tears and stomped back to him.

I brought my face close to his and said, "Yes we both were. I was in love with him and he was in love with someone else."

He flinched to my answer and moved back a little.

"Are you satisfied? Do you know how insensitive you sound right now? If you ask me one more question, I won't hesitate to stab you." I said, grabbing his collars.

"I apologize, your highness." He said, grabbing my hands and pulling them away from his collars.

"It really was insensitive of me."

He walked two steps back and turned around. I could hear his footsteps in that darkness and it headed toward the other side of castle. It was where he resided. I watch him disappeared in that thick darkness.

THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO GOT THIS FAR!! YOU PEOPLE ARE AWESOME :)