CHAPTER - 41

I slide my fingers through the ragged  curtain and moved it aside. Night was still young – and still cold. In that darkness, I gathered myself from the warm tent and took a step out. Ah, what a time to be alive. I thought as I struggle to breathe through the cold breeze.

"Right? I don't know why I have to go through this nuisance again?" A voice broke as the mysteriously dark featured man emerged through the darkness.

"Ah", I said "What are you doing outside here?".

This person was a weirdest of all. He oozed a creepy aura, if I hadn't mentioned that before. But it didn't surprise me or bothered me anymore.

"Guarding my master", he replied as he lifted his head and gazed into that dark sky.

Interpreting his ways with words wasn't within my ability. This being said, I ignored his words and joined him to gaze the sky.

Beautiful silent night, but my heart was in chaos. This thrillingly peaceful night awoke a piece of me who wanted to yell; scream and cry. "Ah, I can't. I shouldn't" I mumbled, thinking I would wake the people.

"You can." The mysterious man spoke again.

"Sorry?" I asked out of oblivion and turned my head toward him.

"You, of all, are the master of your will." He said, lowering his gaze toward the ground.

"I don't understand why do you always chose the life of grief?" He added, "You of all, are free to do anything. You are his child and you are born forgiven."

He lifted his head and looked at me, eye to eye.

"You can stab me right now, and you are already forgiven for this sin." He added in an intense tone, "So, just live a better life for god sake"

Astonished at what I just heard; I could do nothing but stared at him. Am I supposed to say something? I thought, my eyes were still wide.

"Ha," I scoffed and replied to what I could understand the most, "I didn't kill those people."

 "I-I," I stammered, reminiscing the south castle where everyone died in a whim, "I don't know what happened...."

"And, and.... it was the last thing I wanted." I said, tears started to spring as my heart ached through the painful memories.

"You got it wrong." He said in frigid voice, "I am just asking you to live a better life."

"You think, I am not trying to?" I screamed as my anger took over me.

He shrugged back with his wide eyes. He opened his mouth to argue but then, decided to let it go. All these whiles, I glared through my tears. Entire time, I was blaming myself in my head. Hearing it from someone else's mouth felt worse.

"Lady, I didn't mention the south castle at all." He said with an intention to move in opposite direction.

"All I am saying is, you aren't like us." His voice got louder as he moved further.

"AND, YOU ARE SUFFERING THY DOGS," He screamed his last words before vanishing in the darkness.

What is he saying... before I could give it any thoughts, a soldier shouted through the scattering faint sunlight.

"THEY ARE COMING. THEY ARE REACHING US. THEY WILL REACH US BEFORE WE BREATHE THE NOON."

At last, time had come.