Chapter-37

Stella's P.O.V.

"My lady," his deep voice rang through me. But I desired to stay longer in his cozy embrace.

We spend the night talking about our past. We laughed at how we met. Together, we regretted how we acted arrogant. We laughed at our foolishness. But we kept our silence when it came to our painful memories.

The night felt short. Somehow, I managed to fall asleep in that short moment.

"It's time to wake up," he said, and slowly, pulled me away from his chest. I groaned like a drenched kitten, but I knew effort was fruitless. I had to wake up and I had to leave.

"Stella.." he said, caressing my cheeks. He slowly brushed away my hair from my face and pinched my cheek.

"You.. sleepy head," he chuckled.

"Umm.." I said. I opened my eyes and there he was, smiling as brightly as he could.

Ah, it's time to leave. I thought as I yawned.

After a short moment, I proceed to get up. So, he did.

The fire had settle down. Al the firewood had been burnt out. Only, the ashes remained. Yet, it felt warm around the fireplace.

"You should have left when I dozed off."

I said as I started to collect my hair and tied it into a pony tail. I started to stretch out to free my body from the numbness. Then, I started to shake off the dust from my dress. Somehow, I was covered with ashes.

"Well, I could." He said as he got up.

He walked in front of me as he said, "but I would feel alone."

"Well, good luck then. You are going to be alone." I chuckled.

"Maybe for lifetime." I mumbled under my breath.

"I heard that." He said and started to shake off the dust from my clothes along with me.

I kept quiet. Acted as I never said anything.

The silence that breathed through us kept getting awkward, more and more.

It felt unpleasant and I wished not to bore those feelings while I was about to leave. So, I caught his hand and kept in by his side, nice and clean.

"Why don't you return to water kingdom?" he asked.

It was as if the sky almost fell on me. My heart leapt out of my skin as I stared at him with my big round eyes. I may have not spoken anything about the water kingdom, but any sane person would know "that place was no less that hell". Not the less he, who had seen those disgraceful marks in my body, should have known of it. it was disappointing. Still, I chose not to argue at his ignorance.

"The door is right behind you." I said, "I need to change. The maids will be here."

"Stella, I am serious." He persisted.

"I know you are. It's just my life is a joke." I sighed and pulled him by his arms. We started to move toward the door. Before we could get past the door, he pulled me back and pinned me to the wall.

"Why are you so negative? I know its hard. But do you think all the things happening to you, I am rejoicing at the other side?" he raised his voice as he questioned me.

"Did I say that?" I raised my voice to match his.

"Then, what do you mean? Why do you not trust me?" he asked.