Chapter 8

"Boxman!" Venomous returned back down to the lab after going to the bathroom really quick. He saw the man barge in the lab and had what looked like a blaster towards T.K.O.'s head.

"NO MORE GAMES, VENOMOUS! What are you hiding?" Boxman questioned him.

"Boxman, look," Venomous tried to assure him. "We don't need to fight, alright? We're villains!"

"But I'm not as villainous as you are!" Boxman replied coldly.

Venomous became slightly angry. K.O. had driven his own colleague against him. But now he was going to have his payback. And he couldn't stop the evil within him, because he was right here next to him

"Where's the boy?" Venomous asked T.K.O., clearly seething with rage.

"She's...with Enid, sir!" he responded in a quite aghast tone.

"We'll deal with this later, Boxman. Right now, I gotta - "

____________________________________________________________

Enid was struggling with her inner subconscious. Which wasn't much of a surprise, because of Rad and Elodie while she was in her teen years, she had trouble trusting those with the same age as her. Heck, she liked Red Action before she went back to the future...

But now, in her mindscape, dark and empty as her soul was when she was growing up, it seemed like she would die. Without making any friends as she was young...

But then, while fighting a shadow version of herself, who was ready to deal the final blow, she was saved.

It was a flash of light, unsure of who or what it was, but Enid eventually saw a figure among the light.

It was K.O.

But it wasn't really him. This K.O. was slightly larger in size and had an orange sweatband and orange wristbands instead of red ones. His eyes were large, white pupils, almost like they were the first time T.K.O. appeared.

But this wasn't T.K.O.

Little did Enid know, it was T.K.O., but it was a different form of him. The embodiment of good within K.O.

N.K.O.

Sorry this chapter was so short. The next chapter is the final chapter in the story, and it will be a bang, I promise.

I guess you can call this "the calm before the storm" (Get it?)

Also, "Sandstorm" by Darude (2001?). Just thought this was appropriate for the chapter and the remark I just made.

Anyway, I'll see you for the finale!