Chapter 9

With a bright, godlike blast from N.K.O., the shadow form of Enid was disintegrated and turned into a pile of purple dust on the ground - if it technically is considered ground, since they're in Enid's mindscape.

Enid awoke at the plaza with K.O. by her side. He was completely normal, yet when he saw him in her mind, he looked...stronger.

"ENID? ENID!?" K.O. called out to her. "I'm SO glad you're okay!" He then brought her into a hug and squeezed her. He missed her. He missed his best friend.

"Calm down, K.O. I'm perfectly fine!" Except she wasn't.

Enid broke the hug and got up off the ground. She last remembered being right here, at this exact spot, in the early evening. Yet, standing here now, it looked like the early morning. Or late evening. Enid couldn't really tell sunrises and sunsets apart that much without Rad.

She turned around and was shocked to see that the door to the bodega was plastered with the sign: SORRY, WE'RE CLOSED. PLEASE GO TO A DIFFERENT HERO STORE!

It was the morning.

"K.O..." Enid slowly backed away from the door. "How long was I out?"

"Hmm...about 1-2 hours? I was fighting T.K.O. and Professor Venomous while you were out - "

"WHAT? WHERE ARE THEY NOW!?" Enid cried out in alarm at this bit of info K.O. was telling her. SHe then gasped at the horror of who they got captured. "Where's Rad and Dendy?"

"Oh, shoot! I forgot about that! Come on, Enid! We need to go!" He then took Enid's hand and tried to run all the way to Professor Venomous's lair, before he ran smack into a futuristic-looking tank.

"Hey, E!" Red Action called out to Enid from within the driver's seat of her Hover Tank.

Enid blushed furiously. She always thought that Red Action was cool, but she began to have a crush on her when she began to admire Enid for her being cool. But when she went back to 301X to take better care of the Prism Crystal a while back, Enid never saw her again.

Until now.

"Do you guys need a lift?" Red asked the travelling duo.

"Yes, we do, actually! Thanks for the offer, Red Action!" K.O. replied with glee.

"No probs. Hop in!"

____________________________________________________________

"AH, LOOK WHAT YOU DID, BOXMAN!" Venomous cried out in anger.

He was angry that Boxman used his robotic laser blaster to shoot his apprentice. Instead, T.K.O. dodged out of the way and shot a hole into a gigantic tub of blue acid.

Meanwhile, Rad and Dendy found a way to escape from the ropes that held them tight.

Dendy had a complex laser in her left pocket. She took it out, switched it on, and held it steadily as the laser carefully disintegrated the minuscule molecules of the rope. Once they were free from Venomous and T.K.O.'s grasp, they quietly tiptoed away from the duo, who were still arguing with Boxman.

"You pointed a GUN at my head!" T.K.O. cried out in anger, on the verge of tears. Then he caught something out of the corner of his eye. Two figures that look like they're escaping...

"COME BACK HERE!" he shouted at Rad and Dendy.

The two ran. They ran and ran as fast as they could away from the evil, away from everything, away from - 

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh no.

They were standing right on a land mine.