Ch.3

Joeys POV

I wave Daniel and his mom good bye. I wait until they pull out of my drive way and drive down the road, to their house.

I sigh greatly and walk into my house, only to see my mom on the couch sleeping with my baby brother on her chest.

He is crying, my moms chest covered in tears. I roll my eyes and throw my book bag on the floor along with my football gear.

I walk over to Jett and put him on my waist, carrying him into the kitchen. I set him on the slightly cluttered counter and look in the fridge, trying to find food for him.

I haven't eaten here in days, which I don't mind. My first priority is to feed jet, he is only around a year old. He will die without food, I'll be okay skipping a few days.

I take out the milk and butter, opening the cabinet to get the boxed mashed potatoes.

- - -

I take them off of the stove and put them in a plastic bowl. I wait for them to cool off while I get the juice out of the fridge, pouring some in a sippy cup.

I carry him with his food to the table, setting him on the table. I take the plastic spoon and take a little of the mashed potatoes, blowing on them.

I start to feed Jett, which he happily eats. I swear if my mom gets pregnant again I won't take care of it.

I wipe my forehead and place my head in my hands, sighing. I scrape the bowl and feed him the last bite. He eats it and giggles, clapping his hands together.

I smile to myself, pushing the bowl aside. I hand him the sippy cup and he takes it, immediately sticking it in his mouth.

I pick him up and set him in front of the tv, turning on Calliou for him. I plop down on the old chair and pick up my book bag, opening my homework.

I hear my mom wake up and walk over to Jett. I roll my eyes and close my books, looking over at her.

"I already fed him mom..." I mumble rolling my eyes. She looks at me and throws her newly lit cigarette at the couch, grinding her teeth.

I stand up and meet her face to face, looking her dead in the eyes. "Did you just sass me?" She says, holding her hands at her hips.

"No mother... I was just saying that I took your job into my own hands because you're a fucking piece of shit who has a baby that they can't take care of..." I gasp out, not knowing where that came from. She pulls her arm back to hit me, but I grab her arm. I hold her back and grind my teeth at her.

"I'm sick and fucking tired of you hitting me, I'm sick of being brought down, I'm sick of you Mom. Jett deserves better, if you don't clean your act up I'm telling someone. I really hope you do put me where grandma is because living with you is hell. Anything other than this place is way better. So now drink more and take some of those sleeping pills and put everyone out of their misery..." I tell her, pushing her away from me.

She falls into the couch and just looks at me, shocked. I roll my eyes and look at the door, Daniel standing there shocked. "You left your mouth guard in my car..." he says, holding it in a plastic bag.

I scream at the top of my lungs and Jett starts crying. "I can't fucking take this anymore..."
I say, pushing past Daniel.

I run into my back yard and make my way through the woods. I just look around, seeing the orange, yellow leaves fall around me. I just sigh and stop in the middle of a pathway, looking up.

I see a huge tree, leaves falling off slowly. I smile to myself and start climbing up to the first branch.

I jump over to the branch and sit on it, pulling my legs up to my chest. I place my head on my knees and sigh, thinking of what just happened.

When I go home I'm going to get beaten, hard. I might actually even die... my mother is going to kill me... I can't believe I just did that, I technically just told her to kill herself. What if she does kill herself? What will I do? Who will I live with? Will danie-

My thoughts get cut off from Daniel yelling my name. "JOEY? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" He yells, holding a blanket and water in his hands.

"I can't take it anymore..." my voice cracks, i think I'm finally breaking. "Joey just come down and talk to me..." Daniel says, trying to get to me.

I look down and see it's a far jump, so I have to actually climb down. I roll my eyes and start climbing down, making sure I don't get cut.

I jump down and meet Daniels worried look. I smile weakly but he pulls me into his arms, hugging me tightly.

"Joey tell me what happened..." Daniel says, wrapping the blanket around me. "Daniel I know I'm only 14 but I've been through too much, I can't even talk about it. I don't remember much but I know I have scars... physically and mentally. I'm not the same, I will never be the same... I just need time." I say, looking at me feet.

He pulls me into a hug again, sighing greatly. He pulls away and just looks at me, eyes scanning my face.

Without me knowing he grabs the sides of my face, slamming his lips into mine. I breathe through my nose greatly, eyes open.

He doesn't pull away so I close my eyes, kissing him back. I don't know what's happening...

He pulls away and looks at me, his eyes open wide. "Joey I'm sor-" he tries to say. I cut him off by slamming my lips back into his.

A/N: I tried again ;-;