➼ 4

『ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴏᴠ』

You're sitting in your math class, doodling on the back of your notebook in boredom while waiting for the school bell to ring. You tune out your babbling professor who excitedly went on about the wonders of the world, but not a wonder to you, it seems. Just then, a piece of crumpled paper manages to find its way to your desk. You look around for in curiosity as to who could've thrown it to your desk and your eyes land on Sumin staring at you while mouthing words you couldn't comprehend.

You tilt your head as you try to make out the words but to no avail. You watch her facepalm, pointing to the paper while doing a gesture with her hands. Your mouth opens wide as you finally understand. A chuckle escapes your lips as you remember Sumin looking like she was trying to rip the air instead of telling you to unfold it. You plainly shrug it off before reading the writing on the note.

"(f/n), I have to tell you something!"

You roll your eyes, bringing your phone out from your pocket. You text her a reply, asking her what it was and why she didn't think of messaging you instead. You watch her phone lit up, her head leaning over to stare at her screen. Her mouth slightly agape and her eye twitches in realization as she turns back to face you.

"Okay, class!"

The professor suddenly yells, startling the both of you. He closes his book loudly, fixing his eyeglasses before staring at the class. Beads of sweat start to form on your forehead as his intense gaze roams the room, barely missing your form.

"You are now dismissed."

Just in time, the school bell rings. The students file out the room, leaving your group of friends and a few people behind. Chaeyeon immediately catches up to you from the back of the room, yawning as she reached you both.

"Woah, did you sleep through the whole class?" You ask her.

"Yup, and I wasn't even caught." She lazily smiles, eyes barely open.

"Anyway, what was it that you wanted to tell me, Sumin?" You ask, facing her.

"Guess what? It's a miracle!" She exclaims happily.

"What is, exactly?" Chaeyeon asks her.

"Yoongi texted me saying he wants to apologize to you." Sumin smiles.

You almost choked on your spit after hearing those words come out of her mouth. In fact, even Chaeyeon was surprised that she crashed onto a nearby desk. Sumin raised an eyebrow at her two friend's strange behavior, but she grabbed both their hands with joy.

"This is your chance to make it up to him, (f/n)." She softly says.

"Right..." You respond with a hesitant tone, unsure of what to make out of the information.

"Well, let's go. He said he'll be waiting at the gymnasium." She says, dragging both of you with her.

You sigh as you allow her to pull your figure across the hallway. The obvious smile on Sumin's face gave off a radiant vibe, but there was something behind it that was eating you up. She finally lets go of your wrists. Sumin stood in front, happily humming to herself as you and Chaeyeon follow suit. Halfway there, you feel Chaeyeon nudge you softly, causing you to shoot her a look.

"Don't you think this is kinda strange?" She whispers, inaudible for Sumin's ears.

"Now that you mention it, it does." You whisper back, nodding lightly.