➼ 8

You casually follow your friend from a distance, blending in with the crowd to avoid getting caught. You've been walking for quite a while now and still have no clue as to where Sumin was headed.

"(f/n), my legs are starting to hurt. Maybe we should just call it quits." Chaeyeon whines.

"Have a little patience, Chae. She can't walk forever too, you know." You reply.

Chaeyeon only sighs, trailing behind you. The crowd starts to vanish, making it harder for you to follow Sumin. Your eyes were glued to her figure who took a detour, passing by an unknown alley.

"Where is she going?" Chaeyeon whispers, head peeking from the corner of the alley.

"She doesn't usually keep secrets and mention the name of the person she visits." You mutter to yourself, your lips forming into a lopsided frown.

You slowly take a step toward the alley with your back against the wall. Chaeyeon follows your lead, standing close to you. Everything was going well. However, next thing you know, a loud crunching sound fills the long passage. You hear Chaeyeon mumble a curse next to you, and you instantly grab her hands to pull her down. From the distance, a figure whips her head around in search of the possible source of the noise.

"W-Who's there?" Sumin's voice rang.

You had your hand clasped on Chaeyeon's mouth, breathing heavily. You could hear footsteps approach your direction. You close your eyes. You suck a deep breath in when you felt her presence next to where you were both hiding. A few seconds later, the sound of footsteps fade and you feel Chaeyeon retract your hand.

"She's gone." She whispers.

You open your eyes to see the alley clear. Without another word, you jog toward the other end, making Chaeyeon let out a small yelp. You stick your head out from the corner, seeing Sumin make her way toward the empty street.

You continue to sneak behind her, maintaining a good distance. Your body comes to a halt as you notice the girl stand outside a house you've never seen before. She shrugs as she makes her way to the front door, ringing the doorbell.

You and Chaeyeon stay hidden behind a tree, sneaking a glance toward Sumin. Finally, the door opens to reveal a figure dressed in sweats stepping aside to let her in. You turn back to Chaeyeon who had a bemused expression and you reciprocate the look as well.

"Did you see who it was?" You ask, hoping she was able to make out a face.

"I have no clue." She answers.

You let out a groan as she shakes her head. You eventually left the unfamiliar neighborhood, heading back towards the cafe. You slump against the booth in defeat.You both sit in silence, obviously deep in thought.

"(f/n)."

"Y-Yeah?"

"You know what, let's just leave Sumin to her own business." Chaeyeon forcefully smiles.

"You know what, you're right." You say.

"Oh, (f/n)?"

You twist your body to meet Yoondo's eyes boring into yours. Your cheeks grow hot at the intensity of his stare. Averting your gaze from his face, you take note of the fact that he wasn't wearing his uniform anymore, leaving him with his casual clothes. 

"Hey, Yoondo."

"Back for another round?" He grins, apron in hand.

"Ah, no. Just came to relax a bit." You grin back.

Yoondo was about to say another word when he was cut off by Chaeyeon clearing her throat. You playfully roll your eyes, turning to face your friend.